Baked apple and cinnamon oats is a delicious and easy 30 minute breakfast. This healthy cooked porridge oats recipe is perfect as a weekend brunch too!
So folks I promised in my last breakfast recipe, the quinoa bircher muesli with apple and banana one that I’d bring you a hot healthy breakfast recipe next.
And here it is. A delicious tasty baked apple and cinnamon oats for two!
Because you love my sugar free cinnamon apple crumble for dessert, I thought “how about a variation of it for breakfast”?
I mean let’s face it. What’s wrong with eating a healthy dessert for breakfast?
That’s where the inspiration for this recipe came from.
It doesn’t take long to get this dish on the table either.
You can prep this amazing weekend breakfast / brunch in just 10 minutes. Then it only takes 20 minutes cook!
Enjoy the delicious cinnamon and apple aromas filling your kitchen and house as it bakes.
It’s just perfect for a cold winters day!
I’ve added just the minimal amount of sweetner to this recipe. Only two tablespoons of honey.
Depending on your own personal preference or how sweet you like this breakfast, I suggest adding extra honey / sweetner after it’s baked.
It’s best served immediately too.
I like to pour over a little cold milk whilst the baked apple and cinnamon oats is still hot. That helps to warm the milk up which I think makes this breakfast even more delicious, plus giving you a good dose of healthy calcium!
There is quite a lot of truth in the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”!
Why This Baked Apple and Cinnamon Oats Is Good For You
- Apples are rich in dietary fibre.
- They’re linked to a lower risk of diabetes. Studies have shown that the fructose consumed from an apple has very little effect on blood sugar levels.
- One medium apple contains on average 95 calories, 25 grams of carbohydrates and 14% of your recommended daily amount of vitamin C.
- Apples contain large amounts of water and fiber which makes them really filling. You’re likely to be satisfied after eating just one. Meaning you’re less likely to be tempted to eat other unhealthier foods!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Breakfast Recipes You Might Also Like
- Baked cranberry oatmeal makes for a great healthy start to your day. This easy to make delicious breakfast is naturally sweetened and can be made ahead too!
- Apple Spice Porridge is a deliciously simple heart-warming breakfast with a sweet apple taste and aromas of cinnamon, it’s literally a hug in a bowl!
- Barley Flakes and Apple Porridge is is a delicious alternative to oatmeal. Nutty tasting, with just a touch of cinnamon and packed full of fibre and essential vitamins and minerals it’ll help to awaken all your senses in the morning!
- Chocolate peanut butter baked oats is a delicious and easy to make breakfast that’s packed with healthy ingredients and a little decadence too!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, I hope you enjoy this tasty baked apple and cinnamon oats recipe!
With Christmas coming up it’s time for another easy cake recipe so next Tuesday I’m adding to my other popular loaf cakes with a white chocolate and raspberry one.
Then on Thursday there’s a new soup recipe. This one could be perfect as a Christmas Day starter. It’s leek and stilton soup!
Hope you can join me for both of those tasty recipes next week!
Baked Apple and Cinnamon Oats
This is a great start to your morning and can be eaten hot or cold!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Baked Apple and Cinnamon Oats
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Cooking spray oil
- 100 g porridge oats
- 1 small green apple cored, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 ml fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg whisked
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan.
- Using the cooking oil spray, lightly grease a small oven proof casserole dish.
- Place the oats, apple, cinnamon, yogurt, honey and egg in a bowl and mix together well.
- Spoon the oats mixture into the greased casserole dish.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the top is slightly golden and crisped.
- Serve in bowls broken up with a little more honey, apple and milk if required.