Delicious chicken tikka wraps are quick and easy to make. This healthy recipe uses yogurt to make the tandoori sauce and the chicken is grilled.
Folks, here I’ve made one of the most popular dishes you might find in an Indian restaurant, chicken tikka masala into fantastic chicken tikka wraps!
Chicken tikka masala makes for a tasty treat when you’re out enjoying dinner but it can be quite high on the calories side.
A standard restaurant sized portion might even be as high as 768 calories!
So if you want to enjoy the taste, but not the calories look no further than my lower fat chicken tikka wraps recipe.
All in all, including the wraps you’ll find these much less calorific and you can easily serve these with plenty more salad to “bulk” up the recipe too!
I promise that there is no compromise on taste with this chicken tikka recipe.
I’ve ommited the butter and cream that the traditional Indian recipe uses and substituted them with yogurt instead.
This recipe is really easy to make.
The hardest part is probably having to wait until the chicken has marinated long enough to have absorbed all the delicious spicy flavours before you cook it!
For making my chicken tikka wraps the chicken that I’ve used is lean skinless chicken breasts.
As I mentioned above you should try and leave your chicken to marinate as long as possible.
You’ll keep the inside of the chicken juicier too if you make sure you turn the skewers throughout the grilling process to ensure they are cooked through evenly.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Similar Chicken Recipes You Might Also Like
- Jack Daniel’s Tennessee honey BBQ chicken skewers are sure to be a winner at your next BBQ. This easy to make BBQ sauce marinade makes the chicken taste sweet and delicious!
- Honey mustard chicken skewers are so easy to make and tasty too. They’re grilled in just 25 minutes and are delicious served in wraps with a salad.
- Lighter chicken korma recipe is perfect for those of us watching our waistlines! At just over 300 calories per portion, it doesn’t contain any cream, but it does contain the same delicious creamy taste!
Chicken Tikka Wraps
You can also serve the chicken tikka on a bed of rice or with Naan breads instead of wraps if you wanted to!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chicken Tikka Wraps
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 280 g low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp tandoori spice blend powder
- 1 tbsp minced ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600 g chicken breasts cubed
- 8 wholemeal wraps
- Iceberg lettuce shredded
- Small red onion sliced
- Small piece of cucumber diced
- No-fat Greek yogurt to serve
- To make the marinade, put the yogurt, spice blend powder, ginger and garlic paste and lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix and season to taste.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, mix well, cover the bowl and put in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn your grill on high and line a grill pan with aluminium foil.
- Thread the chicken onto 4 skewers. Place the skewers onto the lined grill pan and cook under the grill for about 30 minutes turning frequently until the chicken is cooked and slightly charred.
- Assemble the wraps by allowing them to warm in the same oven you’re grilling the chicken or in your microwave then top them with the lettuce, onion and cucumber and cooked chicken tikka.
- Serve with the Greek yogurt.