This king prawn and rocket salad has a delicious lime and soy dressing which is bursting with flavour. This is one salad you’ll not want to put down once you’ve started it!
Hey Folks, I cannot wait any longer!
Regular followers will know the weather here in Scotland has been pretty dire lately, to say the least.
What no summer?
So far, yep! So, let’s bring on the salads anyway, starting with this zingy king prawn and rocket salad.
There’s plenty of nutritional goodness and delicious flavours in this healthy prawn salad. It’ll brighten up any dull lunchtime, dinner or lack of summer!
Just imagine getting stuck in to these succulent juicy prawns, coated with the zesty tasting lime and soy dressing.
It’ll put a smile on your face and good healthy food in your tummy. You’ll soon forget about whatever weather it is outside! 😀
What Was The Inspiration For This Prawn And Rocket Salad?
Well it was in June last year, when my other half and I had a weekend camping break in Berwick upon Tweed.
We visited a bistro for lunch (I forget its name, sorry) and I ordered, and had, the most amazing cray fish and rocket salad there.
So this is my attempt to recreate that crayfish rocket salad.
Since then this salad recipe has been on the to-do list but I’ve never quite got round to actually getting any cray fish to make it.
I mean you CAN get cray fish, and they will work perfectly in this prawn salad recipe. But as prawns are more readily available and cheaper here, I decided to use them instead.
I find this king prawn and rocket salad really is a quick salad to put together, and there’s no cooking involved. It’s been one of my favourites to take to work for my lunch.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Prawn Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Avocado prawn and coconut salad is a delicious sweet tasting salad that’s perfect as a healthy lunch or starter. The sweet taste comes from an amazingly tasty sweet honey coconut dressing.
- Healthy baked coconut prawns with dipping sauce recipe is great for sharing with friends, can be served as an appetiser or it could even be a main family meal too.
King Prawn and Rocket Salad Recipe
The lime and soy dressing in this prawn salad recipe also goes well with other seafoods such as mackerel and salmon.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
King Prawn and Rocket Salad
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
For the salad:-
- 100 g bag rocket salad leaves
- 180 g cooked and peeled king prawns
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- 2 salad tomatoes chopped
- 4 slices of cucumber quartered
- A little freshly chopped coriander to garnish
For the lime and soy dressing:-
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic crushed
Lime and soy dressing:-
- Prepare the lime and soy dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients into a jar, giving it a good shake and popping it into the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Divide the rocket leaves between two.
- Top each portion with half of the prawns, onion slices, chopped tomatoes, cucumber slices and garnish with the freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with the lime and soy dressing drizzled over.