This baby spinach salad and prawns is a delicious and easy healthy prawn salad made with a sweet and tangy lime sesame dressing.
Fresh salads like this baby spinach salad and prawns recipe are what I crave most at this time of year.
Like my king prawn and rocket salad these salads make excellent packed lunches or a great light dinner.
And I know it might be a bit strange for a salad to have strawberries in it but I urge you to give it a go.
The first time you take a bite into this wonderful salad and taste all of those bright and fresh delicious ingredients combined you will be amazed!
This fresh baby spinach prawn salad is based on a salad I was lucky to experience whilst on a holiday in Mexico.
I enjoyed this healthy prawn salad as a complete meal for lunch.
I wrote down it's list of tasty ingredients in my recipe notes "Baby spinach salad, shrimp garnished in sesame oil, limes, fleur de sel, goat cheese and fresh strawberries".
I'd always wanted to incorporate strawberries into a salad. One that was really easy to make and that you could easily add to your own list of healthy recipes.
I've missed out "Fleur de sel" which is a rare and expensive form of sea salt that is harvested in parts of France.
You just need to season the dressing with normal freshly grated sea salt and black pepper.
Anyway I hope you enjoy this summer salad. And let's hope we get plenty of good warmer weather to enjoy more shrimp recipes like this!
- Lime Juice
- Sesame Oil
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Baby Spinach
- Cooked And Peeled Prawns (Cooked Shrimp)
- Hards Goats Cheese
- Coriander (Cilantro)
See recipe card for quantities.
- Lime Juice - freshly squeezed is best. You could use lemon juice instead.
- Sesame Oil - essential
- Olive Oil - extra virgin is best for salad dressings
- Soy Sauce - I use light soy sauce as it's better as a marinade dressing.
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Baby Spinach - you need fresh baby spinach.
- Cooked And Peeled Prawns (Cooked Shrimp) - this recipe also works with grilled chicken
- Strawberries - essential
- Hards Goats Cheese - feta cheese would also work with this recipe.
- Coriander (Cilantro) - you can leave out if you want to.
How To Make Baby Spinach Salad And Prawns
Detailed instructions are the recipe card below. But here is a quick step by step guide of how to make this spinach salad:
- Make the dressing first. Whisk lime juice, sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce together in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Place spinach on the plates first creating a bed of spinach on each plate.
- Make sure the prawns are rinsed and dry them using a paper towel then divide the prawns / place shrimp between the two plates.
- Top each plate with the sliced strawberries and grated goats cheese. Garnish with the coriander / cilantro.
- Drizzle the sesame and lime dressing over each plate.
Subscribe To Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy
Avocado prawn and coconut salad is a delicious, healthy and easy to make salad. It's perfect as a lunch or starter. You'll love the honey coconut dressing!
This turkey bacon and tomato salad is a delicious and easy, tasty, lunch or dinner salad option with a unique Pennsylvania Dutch sweet and sour salad dressing.
Healthy baked coconut prawns with dipping sauce recipe is great for sharing with friends, can be served as an appetiser or it could even be a main family meal too.
Baby Spinach Salad and Prawns Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
For the Sesame and lime Dressing: -
- 3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Freshly grated salt and pepper
For the Salad: -
- 100 g baby spinach
- 150 g cooked and peeled prawns
- 175 g strawberries sliced
- 60 g hard goats’ cheese grated
- A little freshly chopped coriander to garnish
Sesame and Lime Dressing: -
- Whisk lime juice, sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce together and season to taste.
- Divide the baby spinach between two plates.
- Top each plate with half of the prawns, sliced strawberries and grated goats’ cheese. Garnish with the freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with the sesame and lime dressing drizzled over.
Nutritional information provided below is calculated using paid for online tools and the exact ingredients and quantities used above.
Rate The Recipe
If you’ve made this baby spinach salad and prawns salad, or any other recipes on Neil's Healthy Meals, then please let me know.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂