Low fat roasted red pepper dip is delicious and easy to make. Made from healthy veggies and with a rich and hearty taste. Your dinner party friends will be in awe at this flavoursome dip!
So folks, welcome to the last in my series of four favourite dips, with this my low fat roasted red pepper dip.
This healthy roasted red pepper dip is perfect for sharing and serving with a selection of crudites such as carrots, celery or cucumber.
It’s easy to make, healthy and a great party dip.
You could also eat it with any meal, its that versatile!
You can check out the rest of the healthy low fat dips in the list below.
All of these 4 favourite dip recipes were ones I altered and put together based on the previous full fat dip recipes I used to make.
I had to stop eating those full fat dips when I was looking to loose weight and get into shape at the beginning of my journey into the 80/20 lifestyle.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these dips and if you get a chance to make some, or even one of them, I’d love to hear what you think by commenting below!
For This Roasted Red Pepper Dip You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
My Other Low Fat Dip Recipes You Might Also Like
- Low fat hummus dip has all the familiar Mediterranean flavours you would expect from the classic dip, except that it’s lower calorie and lower fat than the original.
- Low fat red pesto dip recipe is so quick and easy to make and ideal to share with friends. Healthy and delicious Mediterranean flavours will remind you of sun drenched days. Whatever the weather!
- Low fat tzatziki dip is based on the classic Greek yogurt sauce. It’s ideal for dipping, spreading and as a compliment to salads. But, best of all this recipe is low calorie so unlike the original, it won’t be so hard on your waistline!
Low Fat Roasted Red Pepper Dip Recipe
Not only is this red pepper dip perfect for parties you could mix it with some pasta to make a super quick healthy meal too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Low Fat Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 2 large red bell peppers
- Low fat cooking spray
- ½ small onion , finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400 g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ lemon , finely grated zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on grill to a high heat and cover an oven tray with aluminium foil
- Place the bell peppers, whole, on the tray. Then place the tray in the upper third of your oven.
- Let the peppers roast for approximately 20 – 25 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes, until they are charred black and crispy. Remove from the oven to cool.
- Whilst the peppers are roasting, you can prepare the other ingredients, whilst still keeping a close eye on the peppers! Spray a small frying pan 5 times with the low fat cooking spray and adding the onion, coriander and cumin, stirring all together and adding small drops of water if the ingredients should stick.
- Once the onion mixture has cooked place it in a food processor bowl to cool.
- Once the peppers have cooled enough to handle you will need to de-seed and peel them, then cut them up into smaller pieces.
- Add the pepper pieces, chickpeas, garlic, red chill, and 1 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce and lemon zest to the onion mixture in the food processor bowl and blitz the mixture until as smooth as possible. Check and season with salt and pepper and add more sweet chilli sauce if required.