Beef Curry Casserole is a delicious medium spiced curry. It’s low in calories at 336 per serving and can be ready and on the table in just 2 hours!
You’ll love the simplicity of this beef curry casserole.
You just pop it into the oven for a couple of hours whilst you get on with doing other things.
A perfect, easy healthy curry, ready and on the table with minimum effort.
The cooking aromas of this beef curry casserole will fill your house with anticipation of eating it!
Lady Lynne and I enjoy this curry casserole as one of our regular “Sunday Curries”.
And as it’s really low in calories at 350 calories per serving on its own, we also have 3 home-made chapatti breads or naan breads with it.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Beef Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy mild beef curry is low in calories but packed full of flavour. It’s made with store cupboard spices. This curry that will have your tongue tingling with delight, not burning alight!
- Slow cooker beef curry is absolutely packed full of flavour. It’s based on this beef curry casserole recipe but made in a slow cooker!
- Creamy coconut beef curry has all the amazing flavours that you would expect from a dairy cream based curry but, it’s made with healthier creamed coconut and so it’s lower in calories and fat. This is a mild curry and it’s really easy to make too.
Beef Curry Casserole Recipe
You can easily alter the heat of this beef curry recipe by adding or removing the number of chillies used in the recipe. Any leftovers can be easily frozen too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Beef curry casserole is a medium hot, melt in your mouth curry which is only 350 calories per serving and is really simple to prepare.
- Low fat cooking spray
- 400 g lean casserole beef trimmed and chopped into 3cm chunks. Seasoned with freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 200 g can chopped tomatoes half a standard size can
- 200 ml cold water.
- 2 tsp salt
- Turn on oven to 190C Fan.
Place the onion, chillies, garlic and ginger into a blender and blitz into a paste.
Spray the bottom of a casserole dish 5 times with the low fat cooking spray. Turn the heat on high, then lower to medium when the oil begins to bubble. Add the cumin and fenugreek seeds, stir them around so they begin to release their flavour, and add 1 tbsp. water.
- Stir in the onion mixture and cook, stirring until lightly browned.
Add the paprika, garam masala and turmeric, cook, stirring well for 1 minute.
- Add the bowl of the beef, brown it in the mixture.
- Add the ½ tin of tomatoes, water and salt. Stir well for 2 – 3 minutes until well blended. Bring back to the boil.
- Put in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, stir and check.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender. Then serve.
Serve with chapatti, naan breads or basmati rice.