Macaroni vegetable soup. This is a delicious and easy to make hearty budget soup recipe. Loaded with vegetables its comfort food at its best!
Folks this is such an easy vegetable pasta soup recipe.
I think it’s the ultimate, all in one pot fresh tasting vegetable and pasta soup!
It’s perfect for lunch or even as a satisfying weeknight dinner too.
Nutritious and filling. This macaroni vegetable soup only takes 15 minutes to prepare and will be on the table feeding those hungry mouths in just 45 minutes tops!
There’s a good helping of vegetables in this pasta tomato soup which will contribute towards your 5 A Day.
I used onion, celery, carrots, sweetcorn and peas.
You could easily add other leftover veggies you might have to hand to change it up a little or even a can of fiber filled beans, like chickpeas.
As you may know I’m a big fan of the Mediterranean diet.
This rich and vibrant pasta soup brings all the goodness of that diet to you in one bowl.
Studies have been done suggesting that people who live in the Mediterranean area have a lower risk of various diseases, such as heart disease and strokes because of the diet they follow.
The key components of the Mediterranean Diet include eating a generous amount of fruit and vegetables.
There’s also an emphasis on consuming healthy fats such as olive oil, eating small portions of nuts and eating fish on a regular basis.
Whole grains are also part of that diet and that’s where the macaroni comes in here.
If possible you should try to get whole-wheat macaroni for this hearty macaroni vegetable soup.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Vegetable Soup Recipes You Might Also Like
- Mediterranean vegetable soup is delicious and easy to make. It’s just 100 calories per serving and at the same time full of flavour and extremely filling!
- Scottish pearl barley vegetable soup is delicious and filling. This thick, comforting and easy soup recipe is packed full of flavour and hearty goodness!
- Scottish vegetable soup is packed full of healthy seasonal veggies that combine together to produce a fantastic unique flavour. This delicious bowl of goodness will hug you from your head to your toes!
Macaroni Vegetable Soup Recipe
Although I’ve used macaroni here, you could swap that for other small pasta shapes too, like orzo.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Macaroni Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 stick celery diced
- 1 Large carrot diced
- 90 g Frozen Sweetcorn
- 90 g Frozen peas
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 100 g macaroni
- 2 tbsp basil leaves finely chopped
- Gently heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot and sauté for about 5 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Stir in the frozen sweetcorn and peas. Add the vegetable stock and can of tomatoes. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the macaroni, return to the boil then turn down to simmer for another 10 minutes until pasta and vegetables are cooked.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the basil, season to taste and serve.