Leftover chicken stir-fry. Use up that surplus chicken with this easy healthy recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights. It’s ready in just 15 minutes too!
This leftover chicken stir-fry is just so delicious!
It’s another recipe of mine made the same week I made the leftover chicken burgers.
A week when I was challenging myself to be frugal, to see how many meals I could get from a leftover Sunday roast chicken.
You’ll find this chicken stir fry recipe a perfect quick healthy meal for two or, if you have more chicken leftover from your roast than I did, then you can easily double up the quantities of the recipe to make a tasty family dinner for four!
If you don’t have any leftover roast chicken?
Then simply grill a chicken breast until cooked throughout. Then when cooled shred it with a fork.
Other than the chicken, the rest of the ingredients should be ones you can easily source.
There’s just a couple of eggs needed, basmati rice and some condiments to add even more flavour to the dish.
I use frozen peas and frozen sweetcorn as the vegetables. I always have a bag of each of these veggies in the freezer.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Chicken and mixed bean stir fry. About as simple, healthy and time saving as stir fry recipes get! Chicken, a can of mixed beans and some store cupboard spices. That’s all it takes to make this low cost meal for two!
- Easy sweet and sour chicken is a delicious meal for two. This 30-minute recipe proves you can make healthy takeaway dishes at home and for less cost too!
- Stir fried chicken and baby corn recipe is nice and easily done as shown in this step by step guide. It can be put together and cooked in less than half an hour!
Leftover Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
This leftover chicken stir-fry recipe is so great because you can easily change it up and make it your own by using your own selection of leftover vegetables!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Leftover Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 175 g leftover cooked chicken chopped up
- 100 g cooked basmati rice
- 75 g frozen peas
- 75 g frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds to garnish
- First make an egg omelette by beating the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Wipe the inside of your wok or frying pan with a little of the vegetable oil.
- Gently heat the wok or pan and pour in the egg mixture. For about 3 minutes cook the egg mixture (no need to stir) then remove it from the pan to a flat surface and allow it to cool.
- Add the remaining oil and gently heat the pan until it's lightly smoking.
- Add the chicken, rice, peas and sweetcorn and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes, until warmed through and the peas and sweetcorn are cooked.
- Combine the soy sauce and sesame oil in a small jug together. Add to the stir-fry.
- Roll up the flat cooked egg omelette and slice it into ribbons.
- Serve the stir-fry topped with the egg ribbons and garnished with the sesame seeds.