This Mediterranean vegetable casserole is not only packed full of flavour but with loads of healthy veggies, this fantastic vegan family dish is also extremely filling and satisfying!
This one pot Mediterranean vegetable casserole is sure to remind you of sunny days sitting on sunny beaches without a care in the world!
Thoughts of seeing all of those delicious fresh veggies and walking around the bustling markets also spring to mind.
But if you can’t get a huge variety of fresh vegetables here.
What can you do to make what you’ve got taste different and not the same old same old?
Well, sometimes all you need to do is take your favourite vegetable casserole combo and re-invigorate it by infusing it with some new flavours.
This is precisely what I did here in this delicious healthy vegetable casserole.
First by using a traditional selection of vegetables and red lentils.
Secondly by adding some smoked paprika, cumin, thyme and other mixed herbs.
And the result is an amazing one pot vegetarian Mediterranean casserole!
Vegan January And This Mediterranean Vegetable Casserole
As I explained in the cream of celery soup recipe my other half and I are doing a vegan diet for January,
Lynne and I are also big advocators of the Mediterranean diet.
I’m enjoying taking my favourite Mediterranean casserole recipes, removing the meat content and experimenting with different spices to create different flavours.
Like with this Mediterranean vegetable casserole.
I’ve used my favourite selection of vegetables here.
But what I love about this Mediterranean stew is that it’s extremely adaptable.
This vegetable casserole recipe is a great one pot recipe for you to use up as many different leftover vegetables that you might have available.
This healthy vegetarian casserole can easily feed a crowd, which makes it great for entertaining as well as a family meal.
I’ve used my choice of herbs. But why not use your own and make your own herb combination? Oregano would go well here too for example.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
More Delicious Vegetable Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Couscous ratatouille is a delicious vegan medley of vegetables combined with giant couscous, making a perfectly filling quick healthy meal. It’s ideal as a family dinner and easily freezable too!
- Roast summer vegetables are bountiful in vibrant summer vegetable colours and flavours. Perfect as a way to use up those left over veggies and suitable as a main dish or as a side.
- Mediterranean vegetable soup is just 100 calories per serving. Full of flavour and extremely filling this soup is a great aid to weight loss and will help you get right back in shape again!
Enjoy the short video I made to show you how to make this delicious Mediterranean vegetable casserole!
Mediterranean Vegetable Casserole Recipe
This Mediterranean vegetable casserole could also be used as a compliment dish for other meals, to make it go even further.
For example as a filler for baked sweet potatoes, or perhaps with fish or steak?
You could also serve this with a portion of pasta or some crusty bread. Rice or couscous are great too.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Mediterranean Vegetable Casserole
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 medium sized celery sticks sliced
- 3 medium sized carrots sliced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 small courgettes sliced then cut into quarters
- 250 g red split lentils
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- Heat the oil in a large casserole pot, add the onion and soften for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers, celery, carrots, garlic, paprika and cumin, stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, dried thyme, tomatoes and courgettes, bring the whole mixture to the boil, turn down to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils and allow to cook for a further 25 – 30 minutes until all the vegetables are softened.
- Season to taste and stir in the mixed herbs, allow to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.