This easy cream of celery soup is perfect for getting back in shape after any over indulgence. Made with no cream it’s a low calorie creamy celery soup thats both healthy and delicious!
Well it’s here folks, 2016 and a Very Happy New Year to you all! 😀
If you’re a regular blog follower you’ll recall that my other half and I are having a “vegan January”.
So recipes will be themed towards that. However, rest assured, we are only doing this for January, it’s just a change for the month.
There’s no change to neilshealthymeals overall theme of quick healthy meals for all!
The recipes this month can of course be enjoyed by anyone, vegan or non-vegan.
We just thought it would be nice to have a change after all our Christmas and New Year indulgences!
So, now that I’ve got that “disclaimer” out of the way, let’s get on to talk about this fantastic cream of celery soup shall we? 😉
It’s a pretty simple healthy cream of celery soup recipe.
One I’ve not changed since I started doing it years ago.
Its particularly healthy because it’s a creamy celery soup recipe with no cream!
That’s right. It’s all just vegetables. And because it’s just vegetables it’s a low fat celery soup recipe!
The addition of an apple adds that extra bit of “sweetness” to the overall flavour. Without adding any kind of artificial sweetener either.
But folks what matters is what you think?
Why This Is A Healthy Cream Of Celery Soup
It’s amazing just how healthy sticks of celery are.
In this low fat creamy celery soup they’re packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
Not only are vitamin K, vitamin C and potassium contained within celery, but also folic acid,
Folic acid helps to maintain and form healthy blood cells, keeps the heart healthy and has been used to help treat depression too.
So, if you’re feeling a bit blue after the festive period and perhaps a little guilty of all the overindulgence too, then have a bowl of this heartening cream of celery soup.
And put it all behind you and start now on your super healthy New Year!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Soup Recipes You Might Also Like
- Creamless cream of mushroom soup has no cream but still tastes just as creamy and yummy as the original. But, this one’s without the calories!
- Easy Scottish lentil soup is the authentic healthy red lentil soup from Scotland. This simple soup is filling, comforting and perfect for cold weather days!
- Creamy vegan cauliflower leek soup is a perfect comforting soup. It’s a light and healthy low-calorie soup that’s simple to make in just under an hour!
This healthy, vegan, cream of celery soup is just perfect for getting right back into shape after any over indulgence. Easy to make, low cost, low calorie and deliciously tasty. And all that without the addition of any cream!
Enjoy the short video I made to show you how to make this delicious cream of celery soup!
Cream of Celery Soup Recipe
This delcious and filling cream of celery soup is great at any time of the year. A healthy and filling lunch.
And best of all, guilt free as it’s not made from any cream!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Cream of Celery Soup
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Low fat cooking spray
- 2 medium onions peeled and chopped
- 350 g chopped celery sticks
- 1 large potato peeled and diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 green apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 1.25 L vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Spray the bottom of a large saucepan about 7 to 8 times. Turn the heat on high underneath, then when the oil starts to bubble, turn the heat lower.
- Add the onion and the celery and sauté, stirring constantly for about 7 to 8 minutes until soft, but not burnt, or you will taint the taste of the soup.
- Add the dried thyme and stir in, then add the potato and apple and sauté, again stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft then remove from the heat.
- Either using a stick blender or an upright blender, blitz the soup to a pulp and return it to the saucepan.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with the freshly chopped parsley.