Roast summer vegetables is an easy recipe for creating a fantastic delicious vibrant healthy side dish making the most of fresh seasonal veggies.
This roast summer vegetables recipe isn't just for summer, you can enjoy it all year round!
And although our so called summer is coming to an end, it really has been a stunning week here in Scotland.
The late evening sunshine in particular that’s been just stunning!
You know folks, I really must look up why they call it an Indian summer.
Anyone enlighten me? Anyways.......
Why You'll Love This Roast Summer Vegetables Recipe
For your daily recommended nutritional intake this recipe is way up there.
One portion gives you 195% of your recommended daily vitamin C recommendation and over half of your dietary fibre requirements!
This recipe fits perfectly as part the Mediterranean Diet, which I base a lot of my recipes on.
We try to eat as many different vegetables as possible plus lean white meat, fish, nuts and seeds weekly.
Still keeping with our 80/20 rule though and enjoying ourselves with a pudding at the weekend.
This healthy selection of vegetables helps us to keep our diet principles intact.
Plus, each individual veggie ingredient brings its own health benefits such as the cholesterol lowering properties of the aubergine. Or the fact courgettes contain no saturated fats.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Roast Vegetable Side Dish Recipes You Might Also Like
- Roast potato and green bean salad is a simple and delicious salad. It’s great served warm or cold or even as a side to go with your favourite main dish.
- Roast honey glazed tarragon carrots is a delicious and easy side dish to compliment your main meal. These fantastic sweet honey roasted carrots are sure to be a winner at your dinner table!
- Roast vegetable filo parcels make for a delicious light lunch or dinner. Easy to make, they’re also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables!
- Festive nut roast is the perfect easy to make vegetarian option for your Christmas table. Served as a main or a side dish this delicious recipe is packed with flavour.
Roast Summer Vegetables Recipe
Why not make this roast summer vegetables side your own way?
The addition or substitution of carrots and other root vegetables would go equally well too. Which is why this veggie side recipe is so versatile!
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Roast Summer Vegetables Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 medium sized onion , chopped into quarters.
- 4 garlic cloves , sliced finely.
- 2 red bell peppers , deseeded and cut into chunks.
- 150 g small or baby potatoes chopped. (Skins still on).
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), about 350g, sliced into 0.5cm – 1cm slices.
- 1 aubergine (eggplant), about 350g, sliced into same thickness as courgettes, then quartered.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil.
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper.
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes.
- 400 g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained.
- 3 teaspoon chilli paste.
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander.
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/200C fan.
- Place all the freshly prepared vegetables into a large roasting tin.
- Add the olive oil and combine well into the vegetables (best to use your hands).
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 – 40 minutes and during that cooking time toss the vegetables to ensure an even cook through.
- Tip the roasted vegetables into a large stove top pan, add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and chilli paste.
- Bring to a simmer, stir regularly for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Check seasoning, garnish with the coriander and serve.