Mild beef curry. This easy healthy recipe is delicious, low in calories and packed with flavour. This simple Indian curry is one all the family will enjoy!
The reason for this healthy mild beef curry?
Well, I can eat my curry exceedingly hot but I do need to remember that not everyone is like me in having an asbestos mouth!
I think I was lucky enough to gain my asbestos mouth and my asbestos hands by dealing with lots of really hot food and their associated dishes, when I worked as a kitchen porter in the woodlands hotel during my student days in Dundee.
Ah, those days……
Folks, there’s recently been a number of vegetarian dishes on the blog and I realise that I’ve been extolling the benefits of following a diet rich in vegetables, pulses, nuts, seeds and fresh fruit, like the Mediterranean diet which Lady Lynne and I will generally try to do.
But we do eat meat, just not a lot!
And on occasion, when we do have beef, it’ll be something really special with the beef, and only the best qualify lean Scottish beef.
Something like this healthy mild beef curry, one of our Sunday curry favourites!
Hence the reason for this mild curry recipe today, because I want everyone to be able to enjoy a good healthy wholesome curry.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Beef Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- This slow cooker beef curry is absolutely packed full of flavour. It’s an easy healthy recipe that makes the meat so tender it will melt in your mouth!
- Creamy coconut beef curry has all the amazing flavours that you would expect from a dairy cream based curry but, it’s made with healthier creamed coconut and it’s lower in calories and fat.
- Beef Curry Casserole is a delicious medium spiced curry. It’s low in calories at 336 per serving and can be ready and on the table in just 2 hours!
Mild Beef Curry Recipe
I recommend serving this curry with rice. I prefer wholegrain basmati rice myself because it’s better for you. However, if that’s not your preference then use white basmati rice.
Also you can freeze any left overs and easily reheat in the future.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
It may be low in calories but this healthy mild beef curry recipe is still packed full of flavour.
- Low fat cooking spray
- 2 large onions , diced
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 150 ml warm water
- 2 green chillies , seeds removed and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 500 g lean beef , cubed
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp*
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Spray the bottom of a casserole / large pan with the low fat cooking spray about 5 times. Turn the heat on high, then once the oil begins to bubble, turn the heat down to a medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Add 50 ml of the water.
- Add the green chillies, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder and ginger. Continue to cook, stirring well for a further 3 minutes.
- Either by using a stick blender or transferring the contents to a food processor / blender, blitz the mixture until it resembles a smooth curry paste.
- Return to the casserole / large pan, and heat the curry paste until it simmers.
- Add the cubed beef, stir in well, then add the remaining water.
- Bring the contents to a simmer, put a lid on and cook, stirring occasionally for 1.5 hours. Check and top up water if required.
- Cook until the meat is tender. Once tender stir in the tamarind pulp.
- Serve topped with the chopped coriander.
*Use lemon juice if you don’t have tamarind pulp.