This slow cooker beef curry is absolutely packed full of flavour. It’s an easy healthy recipe that makes the meat so tender it will melt in your mouth!
Folks, if you’re short on time this healthy slow cooker beef curry is the perfect recipe!
It just takes 15 minutes to prep the ingredients, add them all to your slow cooker and then you’re good to do your own thing for the next 6 – 8 hours.
I’ve used my blender to minimise the use of any cooking oil needed to break down the ingredients to produce the sauce too. That’s what makes it healthier compared to a restaurant beef curry.
I’ve adapted this recipe from my original beef curry casserole recipe.
So if you don’t have a slow cooker, no worries just hop on over to that recipe.
Although you could use my affiliate link (below) to buy the one I use. 🙂
Then you can try out all my other slow cooker recipes too!
There’s so many advantages to having a slow cooker. Not just the fact you’ll get some of your own valuable time back by not spending it all day in the kitchen!
A slow cooker slowly brings out the flavour in the food it’s cooking. Cooking the meat slowly helps to tenderise less-expensive cuts of meat too. Saving you money in your weekly budget.
I couldn’t be without my slow cooker now. In fact I even take it away with me when Lady Lynne and I go on our walking trips.
Like the time we went out walking and returned to have delicious slow cooker budget bean burritos to eat!
This beef curry recipe is really easy to make and it just requires 4 stages. I’ve listed those below.
How To Make This Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- Stage 1 – blend the onion, chillies and garlic and ginger into a curry paste.
- Stage 2 – brown your beef in a pan with the cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Stage 3 – place the onion mixture, browned beef and remaining ingredients into the slow cooker to cook for 6 – 8 hours.
- Stage 4 – once your meat is nice and tender serve with basmati rice, chapatti or naan breads.
For this Slow Cooker Beef Curry you may need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the slow cooker I use. As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive and its perfect for meals of up to 4 people!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- 40 minute potato curry is a delicious easy vegan curry recipe. You’ll love this healthy filling dish. It’s perfect as a weeknight quick hearty meal!
- My chicken curry in a hurry is quick, delicious and packed full of taste. On the table in under an hour it serves up to four!
- Slow cooker lamb curry. This is an easy to make and delicious lightly spiced curry. Made with store cupboard spices and minimum ingredients it will soon become a family favourite!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, I hope you enjoy this amazingly beef curry recipe!
Anyway, I thought it was about time we had some new home baking.
So next week I’m taking you back to my childhood again with an easy Rock Cakes recipe.
Hope you can join me then!
Slow Cooker Beef Curry Recipe
This recipe is such a time saver. Whilst its cooking away you could make your own home made naan bread.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped*
- 2 green chillies chopped*
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1- inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 700 g lean casserole beef trimmed and chopped into 3cm chunks.
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml cold water.
- 2 tsp salt
- Place the onion, chillies, garlic and ginger into a blender and blitz into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a suitably sized pan. Add the cumin and fenugreek seeds, stir them around so they begin to release their flavour. Then add the beef and cook stirring until it’s browned.
- Add the beef, onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients to slow cooker and cook for 6 – 8 hours on low power stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chapatti, naan breads or basmati rice.