Peanut butter chocolate banana smoothie bowl makes for a delicious healthy breakfast, snack or even dessert! This is an easy 4 ingredient recipe, ready in just 5 minutes too!
Folks, if you’re a lover of all things peanut butter and chocolate like I am, you’re going to be a big fan of this peanut butter chocolate banana smoothie bowl too!
I mean isn’t peanut butter and chocolate for breakfast always a good thing?!
This must be right if I’m going by just how popular you thought my chocolate chip banana coconut porridge was!
As I’ve said many times before, I always get inspiration for my recipes from places we’ve been lucky enough to travel to.
This year in June we were in Bali and stayed at The Oberoi.
They had this chocolate smoothie bowl on their breakfast menu and both Lady Lynne and I just loved it!
I knew I had to take note of it so I could recreate my version of it for you guys on our return.
Here’s an actual picture of the peanut butter chocolate banana smoothie bowl breakfast I enjoyed in Bali!
I’m not sure if it was as healthy as my version, but it was just as delicious!
This smoothie bowl is just so filling and so full of good nutrition that it’s the perfect way to start the day.
My delicious peanut butter chocolate banana smoothie bowl is made with all natural ingredients too.
It doesn’t contain added protein powders, flavourings or preservatives as you might find in other so called “healthy smoothie bowls” on the internet!
I’ll be honest here with you too folks. I don’t remember actually EVER having had a smoothie bowl before having this one on holiday.
Lady Lynne had it first one morning and I watched her eat it, closing her eyes, savouring and enjoying every mouthful.
She told me I would love it and kept her bowl back from me, not allowing me to taste any. Ha ha!
I’m glad I ordered my own peanut butter chocolate banana smoothie bowl the very next morning.
How else can I describe the taste other than it was creamy, full of flavour and downright delicious and refreshing too!
Since then I’ve been discovering how versatile smoothie bowls are and that as they only take 5 minutes to make you can enjoy them at virtually any time of the day and not just for breakfast.
They can make a delcious fruit filled healthy dessert for kids too!
Why This Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie Bowl Is Good For You!
- The Greek yogurt provides you with plenty of calcium while helping you feel full for hardly any calories.
- Probiotics are also found in the yogurt which support a healthy bacterial balance in the gut.
- Bananas are an excellent source of vitamin C as well as giving you with lots of energy!
- Peanut butter has a whopping amount of protein and as long as enjoyed in moderation is high in healthy fats too.
- Cocoa is one of the richest sources of polyphenols which have been linked to aiding lower blood pressure and improved cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
For this Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie Bowl you many need……
I used my amazing Optimum VAC2 Air Vacuum Blender to puree this smoothie bowl.
My blender makes the smoothie bowl so smooth.
There are no bits of banana left floating about in it. It’s just pure creamy natural deliciousness!
Plus folks, good news for you. I’m a Froothie Ambassador.
Froothie are the UK distributors of Optimum blenders.
Now, if you order the Optimum Vac2 Vacuum Blender using this link, then I can offer you free postage and packing. Just add my 4 digit delivery code 5276 into the comment box on ordering, or mention it if you are ordering by phone.
The delivery charge will be credited back to your card.
I promise you will not be disappointed on purchase of your blender. I simply could not do without it in my kitchen nowadays.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
More Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Easy chocolate strawberry smoothie is a delicious low-fat low calorie refreshing smoothie. This quick and easy healthy smoothie still tastes wickedly indulgent though!
- 4-ingredient tropical banana smoothie not only tastes amazing but takes just five minutes to make. With a delicious creamy texture it’s not only refreshing but also revitalising and rejuvenating!
- Delicious banana boost smoothie will give you such a great start to the day. With vitamin E and calcium from the bananas this is a great instant energy booster. Plus it’s only 378 calories!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, I hope you enjoy this smoothie bowl recipe.
There’s 2 posts up next week!
Tuesday has the 3rd installment of this years long distance walk, Great Langdale to Borrowdale – The Cumbria Way – Day 3. Check that out for lots of stunning scenery and a great video too.
Then next up on the menu (next Thursday) is Easy Multigrain Bread.
Again this was part of our breakfast at The Oberoi. After devouring our delicious smoothie bowls, this bread came in the form of toast with a selection of tasty exotic jams to spead on it.
Join me next week to complete your holiday breakfast!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie Bowl Recipe
You’ll think you’re eating ice cream when tucking into this peanut butter banana smoothie bowl folks. It nearly is, but it’s without all the calories!
Make this smoothie bowl your own by trying different toppings, granola, fruits and berries. That way you’ll never get bored with it.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 250 ml zero-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 sliced banana
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Banana slices
- A few strawberries chopped
- A square of dark chocolate finely grated
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with the banana slices and chopped strawberries and sprinkle over a little grated dark chocolate.