Easy chocolate strawberry smoothie is a delicious low-fat low calorie refreshing smoothie. This quick and easy healthy smoothie still tastes wickedly indulgent though!
Chocolate and strawberries are like best friends aren’t they folks?
You could even go as far as saying they’re a match made in heaven.
As a foodie combination they taste amazing too don’t they?
The one drawback is that too much of a good thing can have its consequences. In this case chocolate.
Although chocolate is make with cocoa, a lot of commercial chocolate has additional ingredients that can add fat, sugar and calories to a recipe.
Which is why I have chosen to make my chocolate strawberry smoothie with cocoa powder alone. Unlike many of the other available versions of this smoothie made with chocolate.
Unlike chocolate, cocoa itself is low in sugar and fat while offering potential health benefits. I’ve listed those health benefits and the overall benefits of this healthy chocolate strawberry smoothie below.
This is a much healthier smoothie that you could enjoy for breakfast or as a snack during the day.
It tastes absolutely delicious and it’s really refreshing too.
Not only that it’s really easy to make. Hence it’s title!
So how do you make this chocolate strawberry smoothie?
Simple. It’s just 6 ingredients all blended together and in a couple of minutes you’ve got 2 servings at just 200 calories each!
Of course there’s the strawberries. I couldn’t not talk about them could I?
I always like to make something special whenever it’s the season of Scottish strawberries. Remember the strawberry whisky cheesecake? 🙂
I’ve just managed to sneak this chocolate strawberry smoothie recipe in. Using Scottish strawberries before the end of the season!
Scottish strawberries always have had a place in my heart. Amongst the numerous jobs I’ve had in my time, (that conversation would need a whole blog post itself to discuss!) I spent many happy school holiday’s working in the strawberry fields of The Carse of Gowrie.
My friend Jason and I picked strawberries from morning until night. To earn a little extra pocket money. It was back breaking work. The weather changed from hot to cold to rain – frequently!
However, all in all we loved it! We had a small transistor radio and listened to Radio 1 all day. One of the songs I remember most being played was Hollywood Beyond and What’s the Color of Money? So whenever I hear that song now it reminds me of those times.
Of course you don’t need to use Scottish strawberries to make this. Naturally though with having such an abundance right here on my own doorstep I’m biased! 😉
Why This Easy Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie Is Healthy
- Cocoa powder contains flavonoids. These have antioxidant effects and can reduce cell damage which have been linked to heart disease.
- Greek yogurt contains protein. Vital for cell growth and repairing tissue. This smoothie would be great after a workout!
- Strawberries are a great source of vitamins C and K. And provide a good dose of your daily fibre requirement.
- Eating bananas can help to lower blood pressure and reduce the risks of cancer.
For this Easy Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie you many need……
I made this easy chocolate strawberry smoothie with my Optimum Vac2 Air Vacuum Blender. This is such a valuable piece of my kitchen equipment now. It’s my blender for life.
If you are considering a new blender this is one that you should seriously consider. There’s no more having to buy a new blender every 6 month here when the motor wears out!
Checkout my Optimum VAC2 Air Vacuum Blender Review for more details, videos, specifications and special offers for you to purchase this amazing blender!
And thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Smoothie Recipes For You To Try
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- Blueberry apple smoothie is not only healthy but it tastes just great. An amazingly refreshing wakeup call in the morning or maybe as a lively pick me up during the day.
- Strawberry sunrise smoothie will give you that energy boost you need to help wake you up in the morning. Nutritious, delicious and packed full of vitamin C its sure to give you that extra glow!
- Strawberry and raspberry smoothie. This is the perfect summer smoothie recipe. A delicious combination of sweet and sour berries to tantalise your taste buds!
Easy Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Enjoy this chocolate strawberry smoothie recipe immediately. Fresh is best!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 120 ml no fat Greek yogurt
- 250 g fresh strawberries hulled and chopped
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 frozen chopped banana
- 240 ml skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender / food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!