Chocolate chip banana coconut porridge is the perfect brunch start to your weekend. It takes just 5 minutes to combine oats, chocolate chips, banana and coconut milk into this mouthwatering deliciously creamy breakfast lunch!
I’ve invented a new meal and it’s called “Lorridge”.
Lorridge is lunch porridge!
And this chocolate chip banana coconut porridge is the first lorridge! Ha ha!
Give your kids a healthy chocolate breakfast treat like this chocolate chip banana coconut porridge this weekend. It’s suitable for big kids too! 😀
No, but seriously now folks Lady Lynne and I think this is a fantastic bowl of porridge to have for your lunch / brunch, especially after a gym routine.
This chocolate chip banana coconut porridge takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook.
This is a really fantastic tasting, lower calorie indulgent chocolatey treat that I know you’ll love and look forward to during your workout, as Lady Lynne and I do!
So, where did this recipe come from?
Well, I decided to make this a recipe after the success of the Mary’s Meals recipe made for world porridge day 2016 as this is close to the one we put together for that post.
That was a fun recipe to make, as this one is too!
Chocolate Chip Banana Coconut Porridge Notes
- I used coconut milk as it’s sweeter, but on trialling this recipe I also tried skimmed milk and it was fine, although not as sweet.
- Add honey / agave syrup to make it sweeter if you want, or if you use skimmed milk.
- To make this recipe vegan, ensure the cocoa powder and chocolate chips are pure dark alternatives containing no milk.
- The portions made in this recipe are quite large, designed for a post workout meal or treat brunch for 2.
- This recipe would easily serve 3 people if not served as a post workout meal or treat brunch!
Well folks I’ve been fortunate enough to have a week off this week and to enjoy several bowls of this chocolate chip banana coconut porridge by having a later morning workout. (Great excuse! 😉 ).
It’s also given me the time to work on my free simple soups e-book which is now 95% complete and I’ll send that out to existing subscribers at the end of December and launch a promotion for new subscribers to receive it in January.
Catch you next week with a new curry recipe.
Enjoy your lorridge!
Lorridge. 😆 I’m so funny. Not!Chocolate chip banana coconut porridge is the perfect brunch start to your weekend. It takes just 5 minutes to combine oats, chocolate chips, banana and coconut milk into this mouthwatering deliciously creamy breakfast lunch! Click To Tweet
Chocolate Chip Banana Coconut Porridge Recipe
Right so here it is, another really simple fantastic budget breakfast alternative to oatmeal that I know you’ll enjoy!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 100 g porridge oats
- 700 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 bananas sliced
- 40 g dark chocolate chip chunks
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Put the oats and milk in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stirring frequently so that he porridge doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once cooked stir in the cocoa powder and 1 sliced banana
- Remove to bowls decorate with the rest of the sliced banana, chocolate chip chunks and sprinkle the desiccated coconut over.