Chocolate chip banana coconut porridge is the perfect brunch start to your weekend. It takes just 5 minutes to combine oats, chocolate chips, banana and coconut milk into this mouthwatering deliciously creamy breakfast lunch!
I’ve invented a new meal and it’s called “Lorridge”.
Lorridge is lunch porridge!
And this chocolate chip banana coconut porridge is the first lorridge! Ha ha!
Give your kids a healthy chocolate breakfast treat like this chocolate chip banana coconut porridge this weekend. It’s suitable for big kids too! 😀
No, but seriously now folks Lady Lynne and I think this is a fantastic bowl of porridge to have for your lunch / brunch, especially after a gym routine because this chocolate chip banana coconut porridge takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook. Plus the fast digesting carbs and protein will soon be rebuilding those muscles broken down during your workout session.
Also, this is a really fantastic tasting, lower calorie indulgent chocolatey treat that I know you’ll love and look forward to during your workout, as Lady Lynne and I do!
So, where did this recipe come from?
Well, I decided to make this a recipe after the success of the Mary’s Meals recipe made for world porridge day 2016 as this is close to the one we put together for that post.
That was a fun recipe to make, as this one is too!
Chocolate Chip Banana Coconut Porridge Notes
- I used coconut milk as it’s sweeter, but on trialling this recipe I also tried skimmed milk and it was fine, although not as sweet.
- Add honey / agave syrup to make it sweeter if you want, or if you use skimmed milk.
- To make this recipe vegan, ensure the cocoa powder and chocolate chips are pure dark alternatives containing no milk.
- The portions made in this recipe are quite large, designed for a post workout meal or treat brunch for 2.
- This recipe would easily serve 3 people if not served as a post workout meal or treat brunch!
- 100 g porridge oats
- 700 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 bananas sliced
- 40 g dark chocolate chip chunks
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Put the oats and milk in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stirring frequently so that he porridge doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once cooked stir in the cocoa powder and 1 sliced banana
- Remove to bowls decorate with the rest of the sliced banana, chocolate chip chunks and sprinkle the desiccated coconut over.
Well folks I’ve been fortunate enough to have a week off this week and to enjoy several bowls of this chocolate chip banana coconut porridge by having a later morning workout. (Great excuse! 😉 ).
It’s also given me the time to work on my free simple soups e-book which is now 95% complete and I’ll send that out to existing subscribers at the end of December and launch a promotion for new subscribers to receive it in January.
Catch you next week with a new curry recipe.
Enjoy your lorridge!
Lorridge. 😆 I’m so funny. Not!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.