These super quick and tasty English muffins don’t need any proving, making them ideal to put together quickly in just over 30 minutes. They’re therefore extremely versatile and suitable either for breakfast or for a quick snack.
Not to be confused with American style muffins, these are the traditional English dough based ones.
They form the base of my healthy eggs benedict recipe.
These are easy to make muffins and here is a step by step quick guide for how to make them.
Step By Step Guide To Making These Quick English Muffins
Isn’t it great to see that butter is back in favour after being blamed for so many health problems?
I mean I’ve never had any issues with butter (in moderation of course).
I just choose to leave it out of my daily cooking and include it mainly in my bread making instead.
Anyway, on with the step by step how to make English Muffins!
This really is a quick recipe.
Simply add the butter to the dry ingredients.
Add in the beaten egg.
Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
Using your hands (I tried taking a picture of both of my hands kneading the dough together in the bowl here, and clicking the camera remote with my tongue, but gave up for fear of electrocution 😉 ) knead the dough into a ball.
Roll out the dough and cut into circles.
Over a very low heat, dry fry the circles of dough, turning regularly.
Once browned (not burnt) the English muffins are ready to be moved to a wire rack to rest.
Cool a little for a few minutes.
This allows the cooking of the dough inside each muffin to finish.
Then simply cut in half and top with your favourite topping.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Home Baked Recipes You Might Also Like
- Smashed avocado and poached eggs on muffins is the perfect healthy breakfast or brunch recipe. Not only that it’s super quick and made completely from scratch!
- Dark chocolate raspberry muffins are made with delicious fresh raspberries, teasing little pieces of dark chocolate and a sensational moist centre for only 200 calories each!
- White chocolate and raspberry loaf cake is a delicious and simple to make recipe that’s perfect for sharing. Fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips baked together taste amazing!
These super quick and tasty English muffins don’t need any proving, making them ideal to put together quickly in just over 30 minutes. They're therefore extremely versatile and suitable either for breakfast or for a quick snack.
Quick English Muffins Recipe
These quick English muffins can be made in batches and are easy to freeze too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quick English Muffins
- 200 g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 20 g caster sugar or sweetener e.g. Stevia
- 50 g softened unsalted butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- Place the flour, salt and caster sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and beaten egg and stir together.
- Gradually add the milk and then using your hands knead gently for a couple of minutes in the bowl to make an elastic dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough into 1cm thick, 9cm diameter rounds.
- Gently heat a medium sized frying pan and dry fry the muffins turning regularly for about 4 minutes on each side in total.
- Allow to rest, and cool a little, on a wire rack for a few minutes before cutting and serving.