These no-bake almond oat bars are crammed full of delicious healthy oats, almonds, almond butter and honey. Easily portable, they’re a guaranteed energy boost just when you need it most.
These no-bake almond oat bars are EXACTLY the kind of snack you want to be taking with you when you’re about to conquer a REAL mountain.
LIKE Scotland’s biggest mountain – Ben Nevis, as we did!
Best of all they’re easy to make.
All it takes to make these amazing no-bake bars are just four ingredients and 10 minutes assembly.
Then pop into the fridge overnight and cut into bars in the morning.
Your oat bars will fit perfectly into your hiking lunchbox.
Ideal too if you’re just looking for a quick pick me up snack during a non-hiking day!
Can you imagine the vital instant energy boost from the natural sugars and then the slower release of constant energy from the carbs in the wholegrain oats really giving you that “lift” and then keeping you going, to reach that summit, just when you feel like you’re flagging a little?
Yep, been there?
Well. It’s all here in these delicious no-bake bars.
In fact, it’s pretty vital to make sure you are constantly keeping your energy levels “topped up” especially when you’re out hiking.
Did you know, for example that on average climbing / Hillwalking Mountains can burn at least 400 calories an hour?
We always have some kind of home-made oat or energy bars with us whilst out hillwalking.
That’s just sensible to do that. Oh, and obviously the waterproofs too!
To Make These No-Bake Almond Oat Bars You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
It’s great value for money and a kitchen essential.
Made with goldflon non stick coating it prevents food from sticking to the pan.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular No Bake Snack Recipes You Might Also Like
- No bake banana energy bars make a fantastic tasty snack that will help boost your energy levels and keep you fuller for longer. Stuffed full of healthy fruits, seeds and nuts, they’re refined sugar free and only 259 calories each making them a perfect healthy pick me up!
- No bake apple and cinnamon oat bars could not be easier to make. You’ll just love the chewy texture and sweet taste of apples with hints of cinnamon.
- No bake chocolate peanut butter raisin oat bars are so easy to prepare. With just 6 ingredients and time in the fridge you’ll soon be tucking into their delicious chocolateyness!
Watch the short video I made to show you how to make these delicious no bake almon oat bars. It shows you how easy it really is!
No-Bake Almond Oat Bars Recipe
You could easily add a little dried fruit to these almond bars like cranberries or sultanas.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
No-Bake Almond Oat Bars
- 250 g smooth sugar free almond butter
- 300 g smooth natural honey
- 225 g porridge oats
- 75 g flaked almonds
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8inch square baking tin with greaseproof / parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over a gentle heat, place the almond butter and honey and stirring constantly, allow these to melt and infuse together. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the oats and almonds and combine the mixture well together.
- Put the combined sticky mixture into the lined baking tin and flatten it out all over by pressing down with the tips of your fingers making sure the bottom of the tin is evenly lined.
- Place the baking tin into the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, lift out the hardened slab using the greaseproof paper onto a cutting board, and cut into 8 bars.
- Store in a fridge in an airtight container to keep as fresh as possible until time to eat.