Homemade Quorn pizza. The ultimate homemade meat free vegetarian pizza! Made from Quorn mince you’d think it’s an actual meat feast pizza but it’s not!
Folks, I was serious in the intro when I said that when eating this vegetarian Quorn pizza you could be mistaken for thinking that it was actually a spicy meat feast one!
Let me explain……
We both love a whole combination of toppings and flavours, particularly meat feast.
But, in our efforts to eat less red meat I suggested we just make pizza’s with chicken or vegetable toppings.
That that was fine. However we both knew we’d soon miss our favourite meat feast one.
That was until I decided to substitute Quorn mince for the beef mince and came up with this amazing homemade vegetarian meat feast alternative, Quorn pizza!
It was like coming home!
This Quorn pizza is so simple to make too.
It’s from delicious quorn mince with an optional spicy twist and a tasty cheddar cheese and mozzarella melted cheese topping.
The spicy Quorn mince mixture takes only about 15 minutes to cook and forms the topping.
This is then spooned over the tomato sauce covered bases.
Then the two difference kinds of cheeses are sprinkled over the Quorn mince mixture and this is then baked in the oven until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is crispy.
The whole process shouldn’t take any longer then 30 minutes to have these delicious homemade pizza’s served fresh. Taking up just a fraction of your hard earned weekend and TV relaxation time!
These Quorn pizza’s would be great to have during the week as a quick and healthy family dinner option too.
A light side salad made with lettuce, cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion compliments your pizza perfectly.
In fact there’s a whole combination of side dishes that could go with your pizza, not just a salad but steamed vegetables like broccoli or Roast Summer Vegetables.
This vegetarian meat feast pizza recipe is pretty basic (but exceptionally tasty)!
There’s so many other flavour combinations and toppings you could try to add to your Quorn mince pizza.
Just stir these suggested toppings into the Quorn mince after cooking and before you top the pizza with the cheeses and place in the oven!
Suggested Toppings For Your Homemade Quorn Pizza
- Halved cherry tomatoes and cubes of feta cheese.
- Chopped green pepper, sweetcorn and mushrooms.
- Mushrooms with extra garlic.
- Red pepper, red onion and goats cheese
- And if you want to change this from being a vegetarian Quorn pizza then maybe add some slices of pepperoni or chopped chicken?
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Quorn Mince Recipes For You To Try
- How to make homemade Quorn burgers. These tasty homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
- Easy homemade Quorn lasagne is delicious. This vegetarian Quorn mince recipe serves up to six people. Making it a great meat free meal for entertaining.
- This Quorn meatballs recipe shows you how to make tasty Quorn meatballs in under one hour. Baked in the oven and with a delicious tomato sauce this is an excellent meat free weeknight family meal!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Right, next week. What’s coming?
Well, Tuesday it’s a one pot Green Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew. That one is guaranteed to fill you up!
Then on Thursday, it’s time for a new bake so how do you fancy a fruity Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Cake?
Have an amazing weekend for now and I hope you’ll catch up with me next week!
Homemade Quorn Pizza Recipe
I used shop bought pizza bases here in my quorn mince pizza recipe, for convenience and to save time.
However if you want to make your own homemade pizza dough it’s easier than you might think!
It does take a little longer, yes but it’s certainly worth the effort for a 100% homemade pizza!
You could also use flatbreads for thinner tastier and healthier base.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe if you like it! 🙂
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 300 g Quorn Mince frozen
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder*
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 large pizza bases**
- 300 g jar pizza sauce
- 90 g cheddar cheese grated
- 90 g mozzarella cheese grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 – 3 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the Quorn mince and chilli powder and cook for about 10 minutes stirring throughout. Season to taste.
- Place pizza bases on lightly greased baking trays.
- Spread half of the jar of pizza topping sauce over one base, then half over the other.
- Divide the Quorn mince topping between each pizza and sprinkle with the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Place pizzas into oven and cook for about 8 – 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is crispy.
- Remove from oven onto a wooden board to slice and serve.