30 minutes easy flatbread pizza recipe is just what you’re looking for when you’re craving a pizza, but not the associated calories. A perfect midweek meal!
Folks, compare the calories of this 30 minutes easy flatbread pizza to that of a standard shop bought or restaurant pizza and you’ll see a huge difference.
Before you bite into that tasty doughy cheesy delight just be aware that you could be chomping into near 1000 calories!!
Now I’m not saying don’t have one of those every now and then. Far from it, Lady Lynne and I love a pizza as much as the next person.
But, why not give this 30 minutes easy flat bread pizza recipe a try? It’s less than half the calories of a standard pizza!
Plus, you could swap your normal weekly pizza treat for this homemade flatbread pizza, saving you those calories. And cost too!
It’s quick and easy to make your own flatbread dough base with this flatbread pizza recipe, instead of a pizza dough base.
No proving is required and the flatbreads are baked in the oven, with your chosen toppings, all in just 30 minutes!
Like I said above, we like a pizza (especially on a Saturday) as much as the next person.
But, if I’ve been cooking, photographing and writing for the blog all day, then I just want something easy I can put in the oven.
I’m too tired to go the whole way of making pizza sauce then waiting for the dough to prove like in my original homemade pizza recipe. That recipe’s great, but only when I’ve got more time!
No, this 30 minutes easy flatbread pizza recipe is perfect for those busy Saturday’s. And that’s exactly why I came up with this recipe.
Cirio sent me some free samples of their amazing pizzassimo pizza sauce, which is just perfect for the full flavoured tasty tomato sauce base, which I what I used here.
It saved the time from having to make my own sauce is it’s already got a perfect blend of herbs and tomatoes in it!
There’s so many reasons to make this healthy flatbread pizza recipe. Here’s some reasons why.
Why This 30 Minutes Easy Flatbread Pizza Recipe is a Healthy Flatbread Pizza Recipe!
- It’s a low calorie flatbread pizza compared to a standard shop bought / restaurant pizza
- The flatbread dough requires no time to prove, unlike standard pizza dough
- It’s got a much thinner tastier and healthier base than a normal pizza.
- It’s a great quick pizza for using up small amounts of left over food and vegetables
- Using a good quality pizza sauce like pizzassimo gives you loads of tomato flavour, less toppings are needed
- I think it’s OK to have this pizza during the week too!
For This Flatbread Pizza You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
As you can see it’s great value for money. 100% rust and corrosion resistant and it’s easy to clean and dish washer safe too!
It comes with a protective cover meaning it can be kept safely.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Pizza Recipes You Might Also Like
- This delicious homemade pizza recipe is easy and fun to make. Made with a thin pizza base and a selection of healthy toppings it’s healthier than take out.
- Homemade Quorn pizza. The ultimate homemade meat free vegetarian pizza! Made from Quorn mince you’d think it’s an actual meat feast pizza but it’s not!
- Pesto pizza with cherry tomato and basil salad makes for a delicious change from a normal pizza. It’s a quick to make cheats pizza ideal for when you’re short on time!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Can you believe it’s August next week?
Where has the time gone?
Saying that, I’m glad it’s August as Lady Lynne and I are off in a weekend’s time for some hillwalking. We’re staying at the same place in Braemar that Mike and I stayed in, but probably climbing Loch Nagar.
One night’s dinner at the Braemar Lodge is planned too! Can’t wait!
Then at the end of August, we head off to Cornwall so August is likely to completely fly by too. Just like July!
Oh, I’ve been putting together a post to provide you folks with more details of the 80/20 lifestyle we live by, as I said I would.
That’ll begin to explain how we’re able to do and afford all these things. The way that works for us for a happy and fulfilling life. That’ll be out on Tuesday.
Hope you can join me then!
30 Minutes Easy Flatbread Pizza Recipe
My healthy flatbread pizza recipe includes making your own flatbread. If you’re short on time you could just use shop bought.
Although a great dinner, flatbread pizzas cook quicker than dough based pizzas so they’re suitable for a quick lunch too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
30 Minutes Easy Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- 120 g plain flour
- ¼ tsp quick acting yeast
- 4 tbsp no fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 can pizza sauce I used Cirio pizzassimo
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 45 g cooked chorizo sausage sliced
- 25 g grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Place all of the flatbread ingredients into a bowl and either by hand, or with a mixer, mix the ingredients together, for about 5 minutes to form a dough.
- On a floured surface, using a rolling pin roll out the dough as thinly as possible
- Dry cook (use no oil) each flat bread in a heated skilled / frying pan for approximately 2 minutes on both sides.
- Place the cooked flatbreads on baking trays / baking sheets.
- Cover each flatbread with the pizza sauce first, then with the toppings.
- Cook for approximately 12 minutes
- Season with freshly ground black pepper