This delicious homemade pizza recipe is easy and fun to make. Made with a thin pizza base and a selection of healthy toppings it’s healthier than take out.
My homemade pizza recipe proves that pizza doesn’t have to be the unhealthy cheese laden calorific dish you get as a takeaway!
I updated this homemade pizza recipe in February 2016 after receiving a free sample of Cirio Pizza Sauce.
Yesterday was my birthday, but we made these delicious pizzas last Saturday night when I was able to make use of the first of my birthday presents from Lady Lynne, a pizza peel!
I was like an excited child when it actually arrived, albeit our local post office had originally tried to deliver it, and in finding they could not post it through the letter box, left a card saying they had tried to deliver a SHOVEL!! 😆
I’d moaned for ages about how we needed the pizza peel to be able to properly lift a homemade pizza to and from the pizza stone, whilst still keeping all of the original toppings on.
It certainly did it’s job there!
Make sure you have all of your chosen pizza toppings to hand when making your homemade pizza.
You can just about use anything.
We used jalapenos from a jar, leftover sliced mushrooms, chopped peppers, defrosted frozen sweetcorn as well as a few handfuls of grated mozzarella.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Pizza Recipes You Might Also Like
- Homemade Quorn pizza is the ultimate homemade meat free vegetarian pizza! With an optional spicy twist and a tasty cheddar cheese and mozzarella melted cheese topping, you’ll still think you’re eating an actual meat feast pizza when you’re not!
- Pesto pizza with cherry tomato and basil salad makes for a delicious change from a normal pizza. It’s a quick to make cheats pizza ideal for when you’re short on time!
- This 30 minutes easy flatbread pizza recipe is just what you’re looking for when you’re craving a pizza, but not the associated calories!
Homemade Pizza Recipe
This pizza recipe makes 4 large pizzas so that’s plenty of slices to go round. Each pizza can feed feed approximately four to eight people, depending on how many slices each person eats!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 250 g strong white bread flour
- 250 g plain white flour
- 5 g instant dried yeast
- 10 g salt
- 325 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- rye flour / course semolina flour for dusting
- 400 g can of pizza sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
Make the pizza dough
- Combine the flours, yeast, salt and warm water either in a mixing bowl or in a stand mixer. Mix by hand or with a dough hook. Add the olive oil, and once the dough has combined to form a ball, remove it from the bowl and knead it for a couple of minutes, until soft and silky. Put in a clean bowl, cover and leave to rest for at least one hour.
- Turn oven up full or at least to 250C fan. Place your pizza stone (if you have one) into the bottom of your oven or lightly brushed oven baking tray(s) with some olive oil.
- Slice up your chosen pizza toppings to desired topping sizes.
- After the dough has rested for at least one hour, cut it into 4 large pieces or 8 smaller pieces. Roll into balls and keep covered until required.
- Use the flour to dust a worktop surface. Roll out one of the dough balls to the required size and thickness or roughly 5mm.
- Spread the pizza dough with a light covering of pizza sauce or tomato paste, then top with your toppings and a handful of cheese.
- Place pizza into oven, directly onto its pizza stone, or a shelf for the baking tray and cook for approximately 8 – 10 minutes. Keep checking until the crust is crispy and cheese bubbling and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven onto a wooden board to slice and serve.