Roast potato and green bean salad is a simple and delicious salad. It’s great served warm or cold or even as a side to go with your favourite main dish.
Got any left over roast potatoes or green beans from the Sunday roast folks?
Great! Here’s a delicious roast potato and green bean salad to use up those ingredients!
What if you don’t have Sunday leftovers?
No problems! Just get a bag of new potatoes and some fresh green beans. Either way this is still a simple recipe to make.
It’s just perfectly cooked roast potatoes and green beans tossed in a fresh tasting zingy garlic vinaigrette dressing.
The quick dressing being one which is made from basic store cupboard ingredients.
All in all this is a great tasting budget recipe to make!
Roast potatoes and green beans are such a great classic combination together.
Then when paired with my heathy dressing they’re given a tasty makeover and reborn as a fantastic salad.
This green bean salad works really well either served warm or cold. I’ve even made this and taken it to work as a packed lunch before. When I used to be an IT Project Manager.
My packed lunch was always something that I looked forward to. Not just as something to eat but as a reminder of great, fresh tasting home cooked food that I loved to make.
My lunch break temporarily took me away from the frequently challenging work environment.
Whilst savouring mouthfulls of great food I was dreaming of one day working full time on my food blog. Creating lots of amazing quick healthy recipes for busy people to love too.
Well folks, I just wanted to let you know that today that situation is no longer a dream. It’s reality.
With the help of income that I’ve created from several rental properties. A growing income from the advertising on this blog. And the blessing of Lady Lynne. I left that job in June.
Everyday I get up in the morning and am grateful for being able to do what I love. To have made the dream real. I thank you all for supporting me, subscribing to this blog and clicking through each recipe.
It’s recipes like this roast potato and greeen bean salad that helped me get to this privilidged position.
You see no food was (or is) ever wasted in our household. A weekly menu was (and still is) made up. The food budget was stuck to. Every spare penny saved to invest.
So you see cooking for yourself isn’t just beneficial to your health.
It’s also fundamental to your wellbeing and your personal financial position. It can help change what you do with your life.
If I can do it folks, and there’s something you’d far rather be doing with your life. You definitely can too. 🙂
Anyway, that’s enough about me! Let’s get on with how you can make this roast potato and green bean salad!
How to Make This Roast Potato and Green Bean Salad Recipe
- Depending on the size of your potoatoes, you may need to cut them in half or even quarter them prior to roasting. This will help to cook them faster. Check they’re cooked by using a fork to ensure they’re tender.
- When cooking the green beans be sure you don’t over cook them or they will be soft and soggy.
- Taste test your dressing before adding the rest of the ingredients to ensure it’s to your liking.
For this Roast Potato and Green Bean Salad you may need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course). If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
I use my Jamie Oliver Small Platter White dish here in this recipe for serving and in many of my other recipes too.
Folks, thanks for reading this and for all your comments and sharing too.
Next week join me Tuesday for a round up of the easiest healthy salad dressings you can make in a jar. Then on Thursday Inverarnan to Rowardennan – The West Highland Way. Day 4.
Until then have an amazing weekend! 😀
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.Roast potato and green bean salad is a simple and delicious salad. It's great served warm or cold or even as a side to go with your favourite main dish!Click To Tweet
Roast Potato and Green Bean Salad Recipe
As a side dish this salad goes particularly well at a barbecue!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 500 g salad / new potatoes halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 180 g green beans trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 220C Fan. Place potatoes in a roasting pan. Pour over the olive oil, season and using your hands massage in the olive oil and seasoning.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 mins until the potatoes are tender. Let them cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes are roasting, add enough water to a small saucepan to cover the green beans. Bring to the boil and turn down to simmer for approximately 4 to 5 minutes, until al-dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion, parsley and cooled green beans and gently toss together.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl, stir them to coat them and finally before serving season with salt and pepper to taste.