Spiralized sweet potato salad is a simple dish made with a healthier dressing compared to other salad dressing options. It’s easy to make, a great way to use up leftovers and can be served as a main course or as a side!
This spiralized sweet potato salad is a really tasty alternative to pasta salads.
Here I’ve used spiralized sweet potato as a healthier substitute to pasta.
You see using spiralized vegetables like sweet potato instead of pasta provides an alternative without the calories or carbs!
Now don’t get me wrong folks I am not against pasta in any way!
Why else would I create so many delicious pasta salad recipes here?
You see it’s just that having pasta too often (like for nearly every meal) isn’t good for us.
Having pasta once or twice a week is fine.
The carbohydrates provided from pasta are a vital source of energy.
It’s just like anything else when it comes to too much.
Excessive overeating of pasta can make you fat (unless you’re burning it off by running a marathon every day!).
So, if you’re like Lynne and I and you really love your pasta and can’t do without it most nights, then spiralizing vegetables to provide a healthier lower calorie, low carb option is perfect!
For the healthier dressing in this spiralized sweet potato salad recipe I’ve used my delicious yogurt based hollandaise sauce.
You can find that dressing in my popular healthy eggs benedict recipe.
That recipe makes plenty of sauce for the eggs benedict and some left over too, so this salad is perfect for using more of it up!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Spiralized Recipes You Might Also Like
- Butternut squash noodles with spring pesto and roasted tomatoes can be ready in just over half an hour. It’s a fantastic healthy, low carb alternative to pasta made with pretty much the minimum of effort
- Baked spiralized sweet potato with spinach pesto takes hardly any time at all to make. This tasty vegetarian quick healthy meal recipe will satisfy those sweet potato cravings!
- Zucchini pasta cashew stir fry recipe is a quick, healthy and delicious meal. It’s vegetarian, gluten free and ideal for those on a low calorie diet!
Spiralized Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
This spiralized sweet potato salad is an excellent versatile recipe!
I used salad ingredients I had left over in the fridge to make it a main course. It’s a perfect recipe for using ingredients like that up.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Spiralized Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 large sweet potatoes , peeled and spiralized
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions , finely sliced
- 1 – 2 celery stalks , finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper , chopped
- 2 tomatoes , quartered
- 8 tbsp hollandaise sauce*
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander , finely chopped
- Make healthy hollandaise sauce as per Healthy Eggs Benedict recipe.
- In a large bowl coat the spiralized sweet potato with the olive oil.
- Place a wok / frying pan over a medium heat, add the coated sweet potatoes and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes back to the bowl and add the spring onions, celery, green pepper and tomatoes.
- Spoon in the hollandaise sauce, combine together well and season to taste.
- Serve with the coriander sprinkled over the top.