Roast honey glazed tarragon carrots is a delicious and easy side dish to compliment your main meal. These fantastic sweet honey roasted carrots are sure to be a winner at your dinner table!
This roast honey glazed tarragon carrots recipe is brilliant.
It just goes to prove how easy it is to spruce up a plain old dish of carrots. It makes them into something that will blow your mind with taste!
It takes just 3 ingredients – olive oil, honey and tarragon to create this simple side dish.
It’s a time saver too as the carrots can be roasting away in the oven whilst you’re getting on with other things or making the rest of the meal.
You know me folks I like my recipes to be quick, healthy and simple and I also like them to be low cost too.
When I’m cooking a quick dinner I’ll usually just reach for a bag of frozen vegetables from the freezer. To add as a side dish.
Maybe some peas and sweetcorn. Which can be quickly cooked in the microwave.
However, I couldn’t resist these Scottish carrots. They were fresh and on sale at the time at 30p for a 500g bag.
Rather than just boiling them up and then tossing them in a little honey I thought I would roast them in some honey instead.
Plus to give them a little extra flavour, add tarragon which goes really well when combined with sweet things.
The result was, as I said, enough to blow your mind!
These deliciously sweet honey roasted tarragon carrots also have the perfect bite to them.
When they’ve finished roasting I bet you’re temped, like I was, to start eating them all there and then out of the pan!
Of course you don’t have to use Scottish carrots for this recipe. That was what I used as they were on offer. You could easily use any good quality fresh carrots.
You could use fresh tarragon too. I often struggle to get it fresh in my local supermarket so I used dried tarragon.
This is a great side dish for a big family meal or holiday dinner, especially Christmas.
How To Make Roast Honey Glazed Tarragon Carrots
- Peel your carrots and cut them into large pieces.
- Place your carrot pieces into your roasting tin and drizzle over the olive oil and honey.
- Sprinkle the tarragon over the carrots and season.
- Roast for 30 – 35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- Best served immediately.
For these Roast Honey Glazed Tarragon Carrots you may need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on them and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the small deep roasting tin that I use in the making of this and in many of my other recipes too.
I love this inexpensive roasting tin.
It’s perfect for use on a daily basis. Plus it’s easy to clean!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Side Dishes You Might Also Like
- Roast potato and green bean salad is a simple and delicious salad. It’s great served warm or cold or even as a side to go with your favourite main dish.
- Roast summer vegetables are bountiful in vibrant summer vegetable colours and flavours. Perfect as a way to use up those left over veggies and suitable as a main dish or as a side.
- Easy healthier coleslaw is the perfect side for your BBQ’s and salads. Made with a lower calorie dressing this creamy coleslaw serves up to 8 people.
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
There’s even more roasted goodness coming your way on Thursday!
This time in the form of a Roast Potato and Green Bean Salad. Be sure to check back for that then.
So until then, I hope you have a great weekend and can join me for that great new recipe!
Roast Honey Glazed Tarragon Carrots Recipe
If you have any sliced onions you could also add them to the roasting tin to saute with the carrots too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Roast Honey Glazed Tarragon Carrots
- 500 g carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 190C fan.
- Place the sliced carrots in a suitably sized roasting tin and drizzle over the olive oil and honey.
- Sprinkle over the tarragon and season.
- Roast for 30 - 35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.