This sweet potato goats cheese and couscous salad is delicious. It’s packed with protein, dietary fibre and makes a great quick healthy lunch.
Hey there Folks!
This sweet potato goats cheese and couscous salad fits that requirement perfectly!
I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with indulging once in a while. After all, that’s what my whole blog is based on. The 80/20 rule.
It wasn’t that we ate badly last week either, just probably a little too much.
BTW – have you checked out the Glencoe holiday week photographs?
Anyway, back to this delicious sweet potato goats cheese and couscous salad……
This salad is pretty quick and easy to make.
The really light olive oil and lemon juice marinade gives it a perfectly balanced light and fresh “zingy” taste.
I couldn’t decide whether it should go into salads, either into the lunch category or dinner category of the recipes index.
Seeing as its pretty light to carry, easily transportable, I enjoy it as a packed lunch. So, it went into the lunch salads category!
So, not only was our holiday away in the Highlands perfect for food, but we were really lucky with the weather too.
We managed plenty of walking and days out on the mountains.
I got the good news when we were away too, that I have a temporary job (finally) starting soon, so that made the holiday even better.
Just knowing that things financially wise were going to start to improve for Lynne and I was a real boost to say the least!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Couscous Greek salad with home-made dressing is a delicious, filling and easy to make summer salad packed with lots of healthy goodness. Made in just 20 minutes!
- Chicken, walnut and blue cheese salad has loads of flavour and a wonderful crunch too. It’s perfect for a really quick and easy lunch or weeknight dinner option!
- Roast potato and green bean salad is a simple and delicious salad. It’s great served warm or cold or even as a side to go with your favourite main dish.
Sweet Potato Goats Cheese and Couscous Salad Recipe
This sweet potato salad makes an excellent packed lunch. Keep it in the fridge and squeeze a lemon wedge over it when you’re ready to eat!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Sweet Potato, Goats Cheese and Couscous Salad
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 50 g couscous
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g baby spinach leaves , washed
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 100 g soft goats cheese , cubed
- 2 lemon wedges
- Cut the potatoes in half, put them in a pan and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to the boil, then turn the heat down and allow the potatoes to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Then remove the potatoes, allow them to cool so they can be handled, peel them and cut them into cubes.
- In a bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and some freshly ground pepper. Then add the potato cubes and coat them gently in the marinade. Put aside whilst you cook the couscous.
- Place the couscous in a saucepan with the vegetable stock and heat gently allowing the couscous to absorb all of the liquid. About 8 - 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl place the spinach leaves, sunflower seeds, marinated potato cubes with any remaining marinade and the cooked couscous and gently mix everything together.
- Divide the salad between 2 plates, sprinkle over the cubed goats cheese and serve with the lemon wedges.