Chorizo and sweet potato salad is so easy to make. With a handful of ingredients and a simple dressing this healthy salad is great as a dinner or a side.
Folks, this delicious and simple chorizo sweet potato salad takes just 15 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook.
The recipe will give you 4 portions for dinner or you could serve it as a tasty side salad.
Indeed as a side salad it pairs perfectly with BBQ chicken.
I mean we knew that didn’t we? As chicken and chorizo make a great combination together!
Whenever I’m creating my recipes I’m always trying to make them as simple as possible. Whilst also being delicious and healthy.
We’re all busy these days and I know it’s not easy to force yourself into cooking for your loved ones or family after a hard day at work but this beautiful chorizo and sweet potato salad is hearty, filling and full of flavour.
Plus it’s worth the minimal amount of time and effort to make!
It’s got an amazing salty but sweet taste which comes from the unique flavour of the chorizo paired with the home made dressing.
The dressing is made from just 4 ingredients shaken together in a jar.
You can make that simple dressing whilst the cubed sweet potatoes are gently roasting away in your oven, making your kitchen smell wonderful.
I think this amazing flavoursome chorizo salad will soon become a family favourite of yours in no time!
Why This Chorizo And Sweet Potato Salad Is A Healthy Salad
- Sweet potatoes have fewer carbs and calories than white potatoes and also contain more vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Sweet potatoes also have a high content of water which makes you feel fuller for longer.
- Chorizo does contain a high level of fat but so little of it is used here. Just enough to add the unique salty flavour to this sweet potato salad.
- Spinach contains cancer fighting nutrients which also help to lower blood pressure and can help to protect against heart disease.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad makes for an excellent quick healthy meal. Made with a low calorie dressing and packed with delicious fresh salad ingredients its also great as a packed lunch option too.
- This easy honey mustard turkey pasta salad uses a really simple dressing which adds a whole lot of flavour to this recipe and it’s one that is versatile enough for you to use in your own pasta salad recipes too!
- Feta and lemon quinoa salad is a deliciously fresh tasting gluten free vegetarian healthy lunch option. A low cost salad which is quick and easy to prepare. With classic Mediterranean flavours, brought to life with a zingy lemon vinaigrette.
Coming Next Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
So folks in complete contrast from this tasty healthy sweet potato salad recipe, we going all chocolate peanut better next Thursday!
Chocolate peanut butter raisin flapjacks to be exact. 🙂
I thought after your healthy salad dinner you might fancy a sweet treat? So please do join me next week!
Chorizo and Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
This recipe is best if served immediately as a warm chorizo and sweet potato salad but it can also be served cold too.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chorizo and Sweet Potato Salad
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
For the salad: -
- 800 g Sweet Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 75 g chorizo sausage sliced
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 180 g baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the dressing: -
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes and olive oil in a bowl and mix well until the potatoes are coated in the oil.
- Put the coated potatoes on a roasting tray and roast in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking gently heat a small pan until hot then add the chorizo and cook, stirring until the chorizo is crisp but not burnt. Remove it with a slotted spoon and drain on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- When the potatoes are cooked mix them in a large bowl with the cooked chorizo, sesame seeds, baby spinach and dressing.
- Season to taste