Roast vegetable filo parcels make for a delicious light lunch or dinner. Easy to make, they’re also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables!
Sometimes my recipe creations come completely out of the blue. Just like these tasty roast vegetable filo parcels!
As a food blogger I often have leftover vegetables in the fridge from various dishes I’ve been creating or photographing.
Like recently when I completed a video for my tomato and courgette soup I was left with a dilema.
What to do with a leftover courgette?
Sure it could have just been sautéed up and served as a side with a main course like my oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken or I could have got my spiralizer out, turned it into courgettie spaghetti and made a delicious spiralized pasta cashew stir fry!
This leftover courgette was desinted to be roasted with a couple of peppers. Then wrapped in filo pastry with some lovely feta cheese and baked until crisp in the oven.
These delightful filo parcels are a great way to get your kids to eat more veggies.
They’re so enjoyable that the whole family will love them too. Just serve them up with a simple side salad.
Plus rest assured that these are healthy filo pastry parcels too. Filo pastry has just 3.1g of fat per 100g and is low in saturated fat compared to regular pastry.
How To Make Filo Parcels Using Filo Pastry
Working with filo pastry is easy.
Here’s an excellent video from the BBC which shows you how to make filo parcels :- https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/videos/techniques/how-use-filo-pastry The only difference being that I use olive oil spray instead of butter or olive oil.
I’ve also got my own step by step picture guide you can follow in my turkey filo pastry samosas recipe post.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Filo Pastry Parcel Recipes For You To Try
- Tomato basil mozzarella filo parcels are a delicious healthier version of Empanadas. All the classic flavours you would expect from a tomato basil mozzarella Empanada but with less calories and fat!
- Spiced Quorn filo pastry parcels are a super quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipe for when time is short. Plus this budget recipe makes enough filling to serve 8 so there’s lots to go round or plenty for freezing too!
- Chickpea and sweet potato filo parcels are the ultimate quick healthy meal! With a delicious budget filling and a satisfying crunch this easy to make filo pastry recipe is just what you need as a lower fat healthier alternative to traditional pastry.
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
A delicious and quick healthy one pot sausage pasta is heading your way next Thursday folks!
This is a recipe that’s become a favourite in our household as it’s so tasty and easy to make.
Sausage, pasta, peppers and all that in a rich tomato sauce. What’s not to love? It’s comfort food at its best and it’s great for freezing too.
Until then have a great weekend!
Roast Vegetable Filo Parcels Recipe
Make these roast vegetable filo parcels your own by adding your own selection of leftover vegetables.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Roast Vegetable Filo Parcels
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 courgette diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 80 g feta cheese
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- Low fat olive oil cooking spray
- Freshly grated salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and mix them together well with the olive oil.
- Spread the vegetables out on a baking tray and roast them in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until softened.
- Season the roasted vegetables.
- Take one sheet of filo pastry, spray it with the olive oil cooking spray and fold it in half lengthways, then spray it again so you have a long strip (2 layers of filo pastry). *
- Crumble a little of the feta cheese and about 2 tbsp. of the roasted veg mixture at the right end of the strip, leaving a 2cm / 1-inch border. Fold a corner over, diagonally to the left, making an enclosed triangle. Fold again, moving all the way along until the end of the strip. Spray the outside. Place the triangular filo parcel on a cleaned greased baking tray.
- Repeat the process with the other 7 sheets
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 20 minutes, turning the triangles over halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a little before serving.
- Serve with a salad of rocket leaves and tomatoes.