This scallops with chilli and lime recipe is quite simply delicious! Ideal as a starter or main it can be put together and on the table in literally 20 minutes!
Delicious scallops with chilli and lime. This easy scallop recipe makes an excellent starter dish or a main course.
Little fuss is involved in serving this scallops with chilli and lime recipe.
It’s served with an equally tasty quick spinach and toasted pine nut salad. Simplicity and delicious healthy ingredients at their best!
How this Scallops with Chilli and Lime Recipe was Created
I mentioned in the ratatouille and tuna steak recipe that I like to try and get out of my work on Friday lunchtimes.
This is so I can head down to The Fish Plaice in Glasgow to get something nice, fresh and fishy for dinner.
If I’m busy at work that’s not always possible though. So when I leave work in the evening and head to the local supermarket often there’s nothing left on the fish counter. Or what’s left doesn’t look appetising.
But, recently I discovered frozen scallops.
I found I could get a pack of “mini” frozen scallops to keep in the freezer for such occasions. These can be quickly defrosted in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
As scallops provide a large amount of protein, you don’t actually need many. And the simple salad that goes with this scallop with chilli and lime recipe compliments it perfectly.
It just shows you what you can do with a little imagination and a few ingredients.
Scallops with Chilli and Lime Starter or Main Course?
This is a flexible scallop recipe suitable as either a main course or a fish starter.
Although the recipe card below is designed for it being a main course, this scallops with chill and lime recipe makes a fantastic and really light scallop starter dish for your dinner party.
Just use 4 mini scallops each. That’s ideal for dinner parties of 4.
Tips on How To Cook Scallops
- The mini scallops I use in this recipe only require cooking for a minute on each side.
- If you use normal sized ones you will need to cook them for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Take care not to over-cook your scallops. They are ready as soon as they are firm and opaque.
- Serve them immediately while they are still warm.
For This Scallops With Chilli And Lime you may need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Non stick frying pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knives
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen scale
- Wooden spoon
I use my Jamie Oliver Small Platter White dish here in this scallops recipe for serving.
As it’s made of Porcelain it’s pretty hard wearing as well as being microwave and dishwasher safe.
You’ll see me using this serving dish in many of my other recipes.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Scallops with Chilli and Lime Recipe
Folks, whether you choose to make this as a starter dish or as a main course scallop recipe I’m sure you’ll love it.
And if you’re looking for more scallops recipes then why not try my stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles recipe?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Scallops with Chilli and Lime
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 20 g toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
The scallops part:-
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 24 mini scallops or 8 normal sized ones
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Prepare the salad first by mixing together the spinach leaves, tomatoes and pine nuts in a bowl, by hand ,and then mix in the balsamic vinegar..
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, or in a wok.
- When the oil is hot enough add the scallops and fry for about 1 minute on one side until golden then turn them over and add the chopped garlic and chilli.
- Cook all together for an additional minute then add the lime juice. Mix briefly together in the pan.
- Divide the scallops and sauce between 2 serving plates, season to taste and garnish with the freshly chopped coriander.