This scallops with chilli and lime recipe is quite simply one delicious and quick healthy meal that can be put together and on the table in literally 20 minutes!
Little fuss is involved to serve this scallops with chilli and lime recipe and I’ve even added an equally quick spinach and toasted pine nut salad. Simplicity and delicious healthy ingredients at their best!
You may have read previously here that I like to try and get out of my work at lunchtime on Friday’s and head down to The Fish Plaice in Glasgow to get something nice, fresh and fishy for dinner.
It’s not always possible though and even when I leave work in the evening and head to the local supermarket often there’s nothing left on the fish counter and what’s left doesn’t look appetising. 🙁
But, rest assured a “saviour” is on the way. I found I can get a pack of “mini” frozen scallops to keep in the freezer for such occasions which can be quickly defrosted in a couple of minutes in the microwave.
As scallops provide a large amount of protein, you don’t actually need many, and the simple salad that goes with this scallop with chilli and lime recipe compliments it perfectly.
It just shows you what you can do with a little imagination and a few ingredients. 🙂
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 20 g toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 24 mini scallops or 8 normal sized ones
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Prepare the salad first by mixing together the spinach leaves, tomatoes and pine nuts in a bowl, by hand ,and then mix in the balsamic vinegar..
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, or in a wok.
- When the oil is hot enough add the scallops and fry for about 1 minute on one side until golden then turn them over and add the chopped garlic and chilli.
- Cook all together for an additional minute then add the lime juice. Mix briefly together in the pan.
- Divide the scallops and sauce between 2 serving plates, season to taste and garnish with the freshly chopped coriander.
This scallops with chill and lime also makes a fantastic and really light starter dish for your dinner party.
Just use 4 mini scallops each. That’s ideal for for dinner parties of 4.
The tasty salad here, that goes with this scallops with chilli and lime dish goes equally well not only with similar fish dishes, but and also with chicken dishes too!
What dishes could you yourself use that salad for? 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.