Stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles. This delicious easy healthy dish is ready to eat in less than half an hour and using frozen scallops keeps the costs as low as possible too!
Simple recipes. Quick healthy meals, like this stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles that’s what we’re all about here.
This dish was complimented with a nice glass of sauvignon blanc after a particularly hectic week at work.
And why not?
I’m definitely not in any way Mr Perfect and after a hard day in the office I can fully understand the temptation to grab a ready meal off the supermarket shelf.
I find the secret to stopping that happening is to plan in advance as best you can for when you think you’re going to have a particularly tiring and/or stressful day at work.
Take this recipe, it takes less than half an hour to get it on the table.
That’s probably about the length of time it would take to heat up something shop bought up anyway.
So to me, it makes sense just spending that half hour making something much healthier like this delicious stir fried scallops recipe.
It’s effort, yes, but it’s also worth that effort. Plus then there’s that rewarding glass of wine at the end to go with it!
The frozen scallops I used in this stir fry recipe are about £5 for a bag of 190g mini scallops in my local supermarket, which gives about 4 portions.
If you’re making this recipe for 4, just double up the recipe quantities above and use the whole bag.
This recipe provides a good amount of your daily protein requirement and it’s a reasonably low calorie dish too.
There’s a delicious mix of oils and sesame seeds to compliment. But in no way do they overpower those tasty scallops!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Scallop Recipes You Might Also Like
- Chorizo scallop and kale stir fry is a really easy quick healthy meal for two. The chorizo releases its delicious flavours in this stir fry giving a lovely smokey flavour throughout!
- This scallops with chilli and lime recipe is quite simply delicious! Ideal as a starter or main it can be put together and on the table in literally 20 minutes!
Stir Fried Scallops with Whole Wheat Noodles Recipe
If you’re used to using normal noodles, give whole wheat noodles a try. They’re so much better for you being made with whole grains and not processed, refined grains.
You know sometimes it’s just about making those small dietary changes for a healthier lifestyle.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Stir Fried Scallops with Whole Wheat Noodles
- 2 nests (approximately 100g) of whole wheat noodles
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , de-seeded and finely sliced
- 15 g piece of fresh ginger , finely sliced
- 16 mini scallops , or 4 – 5 large ones, quartered (about 50g per person)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Cook the whole wheat noodles as per the instructions on the packet and allow to drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium heat and gently stir fry the garlic, chilli and ginger for approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat slightly and add the scallops and stir fry quickly for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the wok from the heat and add the cooked noodles, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and coriander. Combine everything together well in the wok, and serve.