Shredded kale and spinach salad makes for a perfect dinner for two or an ideal side salad. It’s easy to make, great for using up leftover kale and spinach.
This delicious kale and spinach salad is packed full of sweet flavours which compliment perfectly the soft crunchy texture.
Not only that, this amazing healthy chopped salad has a whole lot more going on too with all the goodness of hazelnuts, carrot, tomatoes and sultanas.
You can bet your taste buds will be thanking you for this tasty spinach kale salad combo.
Plus its packed full of nutritional goodness.
Recently when I was making a batch of my sweet potato and kale hotpot I was struck with a predicament.
What to do with the leftover kale?
Maybe some chorizo, tomato lentil and kale soup for the freezer or perhaps a kale and pepper frittata brunch option?
Nope, I thought I would chance it with a brand new salad recipe.
Now what I mean by “chance it” is that I could actually be making this in the middle of a raging blizzard outside!
You see our climate in Scotland can be pretty unpredictable.
One day it can be beautiful blue skies.
The very next day rain and yet more rain……
So while the weather at the moment is reasonably dry and fair.
That could all change…….
And, I have been known to jinx the weather whenever I bring out a new salad!
Anyway, fingers crossed. I’d still eat this kale spinach salad all year round anyway no matter what the weather. It’s just so delicious.
It’s just life isn’t it? Anything can happen!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Kale Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Kale and turkey bacon salad is a delicious and easy to prepare lunch or dinner option. With a tangy garlicky balsamic dressing it makes for an amazingly simple nutritious quick healthy meal!
- Quinoa kale almond salad has a fantastic combination of healthy ingredients which give it a unique nutty flavour. It’s ideal as a healthy packed lunch.
- Creamy kale coleslaw with apple is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional coleslaw. Plus it’s perfect at any time of the year!
Shredded Kale And Spinach Salad Recipe
This kale salad makes an excellent side salad for meat dishes.
You’ll also find this spinach and kale salad is perfect served at a BBQ!
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Shredded Kale and Spinach Salad
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 40 g chopped hazelnuts
- 3 cloves garlic , crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 80 g curly kale
- 100 g baby spinach
- Small onion , thinly sliced
- 1 large grated carrot
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 50 g sultanas
- Dry fry the chopped hazelnuts in a frying pan until toasted. Ensure you keep stirring them around so that they do not burn.
- Place the garlic, salt, black pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar in a jar and shake well together.
- Finely thinly slice the curly kale and baby spinach, removing the stalks from the kale. Or use a food processor for this.
- Place the shredded greens into a large bowl, add the garlic marinade and small onion and mix together to ensure everything is coated with the marinade.
- Mix in the grated carrot, diced tomatoes, lemon juice, sultanas and toasted hazelnuts.