Chicken and mixed bean stir fry. About as simple, healthy and time saving as stir fry recipes get! Chicken, a can of mixed beans and some store cupboard spices. That’s all it takes to make this low cost meal for two!
Chicken and mixed bean stir fry is a great go-to recipe for when you just need a fast, easy and healthy chicken stir fry dinner recipe.
Its full of protein, (72%) of your recommended daily value, as well as other essential vitamins and minerals.
You can’t really go wrong with a stir fry can you?
I’ll confess to you though that it’s been so long since I’ve added a new stir fry recipe to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
I’ve been doing lots of healthy casserole recipes as they’ve been quick, low cost and easy for me to do because of the long hours I’m working at the moment.
I forgot just how easy and also time saving a stir fry recipe can be. Just like this chicken and mixed bean stir fry!
This stir fry recipe literally takes 30 minutes from chopping to cooking to be ready to eat.
Well, that depends on your own speed at chopping I suppose! 😉
Either way it’s one really filling and satisfying bowl of yum!
Tips For How To Make Chicken And Mixed Bean Stir Fry
- You can easily substitute the can of mixed beans for any other of your own choice.
- Add some wholewheat noodles whilst cooking if you want to “bulk” it up a bit more.
- Other veggie leftovers can be added too e.g. red pepper, carrots, spinach, mushrooms.
- Try adding some different chinese sauces. Like hoisin. To change the flavour up a bit.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Stir Fry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas is a recipe you’ll just love. It’s healthy, low carb and quick and easy to prepare too. A perfect weeknight dinner!
- Easy sweet and sour chicken is a delicious meal for two. This 30-minute recipe proves you can make healthy takeaway dishes at home and for less cost too!
- Stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles. This delicious easy healthy dish is ready to eat in less than half an hour and using frozen scallops keeps the costs as low as possible too!
- Leftover chicken stir-fry. Use up that surplus chicken with this easy healthy recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights. It’s ready in just 15 minutes too!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks if you missed the first part of our trip to Hawaii and San Francisco check it out. I wrote it to hopefully inspire you to have a life of travel instead of material objects.
Let’s hope I haven’t just jinxed any good weather that might have been on its way as I normally do. 😆
Catch you next week, have a fantastic weekend!
Chicken And Mixed Bean Stir Fry Recipe
Enjoy this easy chicken bean stir fry!
And let me know what other kinds of vegetables you could substitute for the ones I’ve used?
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chicken And Mixed Bean Stir Fry
- 400 g Can Mixed Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 6 spring onions cut length ways into thin strips
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Place the drained beans in a saucepan with the stock and mixed herbs and cook for about 5 minutes until the stock is absorbed then switch off the heat and set aside.
- Gently heat the oil in a frying pan / wok.
- Add the chicken strips and stir fry until no longer pink. Keep stirring so that they chicken doesn't stick.
- Add the garlic, spring onions and lemon juice and stir fry for a further 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked, but still moist.
- Add the cooked beans, mix in with the chicken.
- Season to taste with the soy sauce.
- Serve with the coriander scattered over.