This chicken and mixed bean stir fry recipe is just about as simple, healthy and time saving as stir fry recipes get! Chicken breasts, a can of mixed beans and some store cupboard spices are all it takes to make this low cost meal for two!
Chicken and mixed bean stir fry is a great go-to recipe for when you just need a fast, easy and healthy dinner recipe.
Full of protein, (72%) of your recommended daily value, as well as other essential vitamins and minerals you can’t really go wrong with a stir fry can you?
I’ll confess to you though that it’s been so long since I’ve added a new stir fry recipe to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
I’ve been doing lots of healthy casserole recipes as they’ve been quick, low cost and easy for me to do because of the long hours I’m working at the moment.
I forgot just how easy and also time saving a stir fry recipe can be. Just like this chicken and mixed bean stir fry!
This stir fry recipe literally takes 30 minutes from chopping to cooking to be ready to eat.
Well, that depends on your own speed at chopping I suppose! 😉
Either way it’s one really filling and satisfying bowl of yum!
Things To Know About This Chicken And Mixed Bean Stir Fry
You can easily substitute the can of mixed beans for any of your own choice.
Add some wholewheat noodles whilst cooking if you want to “bulk” it up a bit more, although it is pretty filling with all those delicious and healthy beans!
Other veggie leftovers can be added too e.g. red pepper, carrots, spinach, mushrooms……. you get the idea eh? 😉
That’s the wonderful thing about stir fry recipes. They are just so versatile!
Chicken And Mixed Bean Stir Fry
- 400 g Can Mixed Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 6 spring onions cut length ways into thin strips
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Place the drained beans in a saucepan with the stock and mixed herbs and cook for about 5 minutes until the stock is absorbed then switch off the heat and set aside.
- Gently heat the oil in a frying pan / wok.
- Add the chicken strips and stir fry until no longer pink. Keep stirring so that they chicken doesn't stick.
- Add the garlic, spring onions and lemon juice and stir fry for a further 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked, but still moist.
- Add the cooked beans, mix in with the chicken.
- Season to taste with the soy sauce.
- Serve with the coriander scattered over.
Folks if you missed the first part of our trip to Hawaii and San Francisco check it out. I wrote it to hopefully inspire you to have a life of travel instead of material objects.
Let’s hope I haven’t just jinxed any good weather that might have been on its way as I normally do. 😆
Catch you next week, have a fantastic weekend!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.