This quinoa kale almond salad has a fantastic combination of healthy ingredients which give it a unique nutty flavour. It’s ideal as a healthy packed lunch.
Folks, this quinoa kale almond salad is a sensational recipe to tantalise your taste buds!
It’s all about the sweetness bursting forth from the juicy golden raisins!
But not just that. This is ONE BIG BOWL of NUTRITION and SWEET DELICIOUSNESS all rolled into one!
This quinoa salad worked so well using the versatile low fat home-made Pennsylvania Dutch sweet and sour salad dressing we had stored in the fridge. Made previously from this turkey bacon and tomato salad recipe.
So it had to be posted!
The recipe for this unique kale salad makes 8 portions, but, depending on how hungry you are, maybe not so!
At only 278 calories per serving it’s not one where helping yourself to a bit more is going to burst the waistline anyway.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Chicken walnut and blue cheese salad has loads of flavour and a wonderful crunch too. It’s perfect for a really quick and easy lunch or weeknight dinner option!
- Couscous Greek salad with home-made dressing is a delicious, filling and easy to make summer salad packed with lots of healthy goodness. Made in just 20 minutes!
- Feta and lemon quinoa salad is a deliciously fresh tasting gluten free vegetarian healthy lunch option. A low cost salad which is quick and easy to prepare. With classic Mediterranean flavours, brought to life with a zingy lemon vinaigrette.
Quinoa Kale Almond Salad Recipe
This is a pretty versatile side salad too. It goes really well with grilled chicken breasts. Yum!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quinoa Kale Almond Salad
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 200 g bag chopped kale
- 250 g quinoa
- 75 g almonds
- 75 g golden raisins
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 100 g cucumber slices quartered
- 100 ml Pennsylvania Dutch Sweet and Sour Salad Dressing
- Rinse and drain the kale.
- Cook the quinoa in 600ml vegetable stock, then allow it to drain and cool.
- Lightly toast the almonds in a small saucepan.
- Combine the kale, cooked quinoa, toasted almonds, golden raisins, pepper and cucumber in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and, using your hands, combine the salad together with the dressing for a few minutes. At this point you should remove any hard kale stalks you might find.
- The salad is ready to eat once combined well, but I prefer to refrigerate it overnight to allow the dressing to marinate through.