Spiced Quorn filo pastry parcels are a super quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipe for when time is short. Plus this budget recipe makes enough filling to serve 8 so there’s lots to go round or plenty for freezing too!
These Quorn filo pastry parcels are delicious home made filo pastry parcels filled with lightly spiced Quorn Mince, carrots and onion.
Folks, I have to confess to you that I currently have a bit of an obsession with filo pastry.
I mean it’s only been one month since I posted the Chickpea and Sweet Potato Filo Parcels recipe, hasn’t it?
Then again there’s my Quorn obsession too but I mean what isn’t there to love about Quorn?
I know some of you folks who read this blog don’t have Quorn available in your countries yet, but I’m hopeful that in time you will have.
Then you’ll see what I mean when I rave on about the versatility of this meat free product.
It’s not just the fact that it’s a great meat free alternative that my other half and I both love
Being Scottish I also love the fact that I can often get Quorn mince for less than half the cost of an equivalent amount of lean Scottish Beef! That’s money saved in our pockets for our holidays and trips away!
Now, before you meat eaters lambast me please be advised that we’re not strictly vegetarian.
We do eat white meats such as chicken and turkey and of course fish, all of which you’ll find many recipes here for.
However, when it comes to red meat, for us that’s mainly a treat or something that we might choose to have when we eat out.
That’s just a personal choice and of course red meat is extremely nutritious in the right quantities. As long as you stick to the recommended amount of meat in your diet, as recommended by our NHS.
Anyway, that’s enough about that. I have no intention of telling you how to run your life, I just like to provide the facts, that’s all.
So let’s get back to this fabulously delicious spiced Quorn filo pastry parcels recipe!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Quorn Recipes You Might Also Like
- Easy homemade Quorn lasagne is delicious. This vegetarian Quorn mince recipe serves up to six people. Making it a great meat free meal for entertaining.
- Chickpea and sweet potato filo parcels are the ultimate quick healthy meal! With a delicious budget filling and a satisfying crunch this easy to make filo pastry recipe is just what you need as a lower fat healthier alternative to traditional pastry.
- How to make homemade Quorn burgers. These tasty homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
Spiced Quorn filo pastry parcels are a super quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipe for when time is short. Plus this budget recipe makes enough filling to serve 8 so there's lots to go round or plenty for freezing too!
Spiced Quorn Filo Pastry Parcels Recipe
The recipe makes enough filling to make 16 Quorn filo pastry parcels in total (enough to feed 8 people if serving 2 parcels each).
You could use all the filling in one go and then freeze the parcels you don’t need for later. Alternatively you could just freeze the remainder filling and defrost it for when you need it.
Why not change up the filling to make it your own too? For example, you could add or use other leftover vegetables like peas or sweetcorn.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe if you like it! 🙂
Spiced Quorn Filo Pastry Parcels
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 300 g Quorn mince frozen
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Low fat cooking oil spray
- 8 sheets of ready rolled filo pastry
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
- Gently heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and carrot together for 3 to 4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander and chilli powder and allow to cook for about 1 minute, but do not burn.
- Add the frozen Quorn mince and cook everything together, stirring for about 10 minutes, season to taste and set aside to cool.
- Spray one filo sheet with the spray and place another sheet on top. Cut in half to make two squares. Spray the sheets on top. Do the same with the rest of the sheets so you end up with 8 squares.
- Divide the filling equally between the 8 sheets placing it in the middle of each sheet.
- Fold up the pastry to form parcels, use a little more spray to seal the parcels.
- Place the parcels on a lightly greased baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.