This delicious butternut squash noodles with spring pesto and roasted tomatoes recipe can be ready in just over half an hour. It’s a fantastic healthy, low carb alternative to pasta made with pretty much the minimum of effort, and it’s all fresh ingredients.
Today I’ve got this quick tasty and vibrant butternut squash noodles with spring pesto and roasted tomatoes meal for you.
You folks know that since I got my spiralizer at Christmas, I’ve gone daft creating loads of new spiralizer recipes.
And today you’re going to love this butternut squash noodles stir fry dish!
Here, I’ve combined tender spiralized butternut squash noodles with a delicious and easy to make spring pesto sauce.
I’ve stir fried them all together creating a superbly tasty spiralized butternut squash noodle recipe.
Then topped that with sweet juicy roasted cherry tomatoes – just perfect for this time of year (or really anytime if you ask me!).
Now, don’t let the long name of this squash noodle recipe put you off.
The long name doesn’t mean it’s a difficult dish in any way, as it does in some recipes with long-winded names!
But you see, just putting “butternut squash noodles” as your title doesn’t sound very interesting does it?
And, probably isn’t going to temp anyone searching on google over to have a look!
Plus, this is not only JUST a great mains / dinner option.
Here, I’ve given you a versatile spring pesto sauce recipe. Which you could easily use in your own recipes too.
Now don’t say I’m not good to you. 😆
I’m loving using my spiralizer to make pasta alternatives. Like this butternut squash spaghetti recipe!
Not only do you to cut down on the carbs you consume, but using spiralized veggies also helps to cut down on your cooking time.
How is that?
It’s because when we’re looking at how to cook butternut squash noodles, the very best way to cook them is to quicky stir fry them for a couple of minutes.
The thin strands of vegetable noodles quickly cook compared to pasta. And proves you can stir fry butternut squash. As long as it’s in thin strands!
That’s great for me when I’m cooking in the evenings. It means less time is needed to get a meal on the table.
It’s recipes like this butternut squash spaghetti that are Neil’s Healthy Meals “quick healthy meals” overall mission.
Whilst still fitting in nicely to the goal of hopefully encouraging you to live the 80/20 rule too. The lifestyle free of diets. 🙂
For This Courgette Spaghetti With Tomatoes and Homemade Pesto You May Need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the Spiralizer that I have and use in all my Spiralizer recipes. Just like in this spiralized butternut squash recipe.
It’s an excellent relatively inexpensive Spiralizer. It’s great for all your spiralizing needs and it’s easy to use. And as you can see in this recipe it makes excellent squash noodles!
It also doesn’t come with too many complicated blades. There’s just 3. And I’ve only ever used 2 of those!
Why You’ll Love This Butternut Squash Noodles Recipe
I just wanted to highlight just some of the amazing nutritional extra benefits of this recipe here too:
- Vitamin A. There’s plenty of that here, helping to keep our immune systems working against infections.
- Vitamin C. There’s a more than adequate amount here, helping to keep our bodies healthy and as vitamin C cannot be stored in our bodies, we need plenty if it in our diets every day.
- A good source of healthy fats and dietary fibre.
- It’s low in calories and low in carbs.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Spiralizer Recipes You Might Also Like
- Zucchini pasta cashew stir fry recipe is a quick, healthy and delicious meal. It’s vegetarian, gluten free and ideal for those on a low calorie diet!
- Courgette spaghetti with tomatoes and homemade pesto is a delicious and simple recipe. It’s perfect for beginners to get to grips with how to make courgette spaghetti. You’ll soon be using that spiralizer like professional in no time at all!
- Zucchini mushroom pasta is a quick healthy vegetarian dinner that satisfies the craving you get for pasta without all the carbs. A perfect meat free meal!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Thursday’s recipe is turkey filo pastry samosas which is a great family meal. I think you’re going to love it!
I spent much of the weekend getting the photographs of that upcoming recipe right!
I’d already trailed the recipe, which has the Lady Lynne seal of approval. A healthy twist on an Indian classic we all love!
So all that’s left to say is catch you Thursday. (Oh, and I hope you’ll check back then for the recipe 😉 )
Butternut Squash Noodles with Spring Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
Although this squash noodles dish is for 2, just double up the quantities if you’re making for a family of 4.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Butternut Squash Noodles with Spring Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes
For the Roasted Tomatoes:
- 10 – 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
For the Spring Pesto:
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 25 g pine nuts chopped
- 10 g fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼. tsp salt
- ¼. tsp pepper
For the Noodles:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash spiralized with the blade with the largest triangles
- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, 1 tbsp. olive oil and pinch of salt together. Place in a baking dish and roast for 12 to 15 minutes until soft.
- Using a pestle and mortar bash the garlic, pine nuts, parsley and olive oil together until combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok and stir fry the noodles for a couple of minutes. Add the pesto and combine with the noodles and then gently fold in the roasted tomatoes.
- Divide between two bowls and serve.