Cheesy bacon pasta bake with green beans is a really tasty and easy family recipe. On the dinner table in less than one hour, this is a terrific quick healthy meal!
Cheesy bacon pasta bake with green beans, now that’s a delicious combination!
There’s nothing quite like good hearty family food, especially when it really hits the spot like this does.
All you need to accompany this filling dish is a fresh crispy salad.
And maybe a cheeky little glass of the red stuff if it’s appropriate. 😉
Judging by the number of shares and views they get you folks love my pasta bake recipes!
Check out some of the most popular ones in the links further down this post.
I’m always humbled when my recipes are so well liked.
We hope that you find this cheesy bacon pasta bake recipe equally delicious and shareable as the others!
While Lynne and I love our pasta, we wouldn’t have it every night, for reasons I wrote about in the previous sweet potato salad recipe.
But when we do, it’s a tasty pasta bake like this one.
For the 80/20 rule for eating to work it’s all about moderation, right? 🙂
Its all basic store cupboard ingredients we’re using here too.
Helping, as always to save on the pennies.
I’m using frozen green beans but you can use fresh if you like.
Then there’s the salad. Some iceberg lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and spring onions. Delicious fresh tasting and simple!
Talking of salads folks, remember how I was joking in the recent shredded kale and spinach salad recipe about how I usually jinx the weather as soon as I publish a new salad recipe?
Well it could be that those days of me jinxing the weather are finally over!
For the last week it’s been wall to wall blue skies!
Check out this picture below, taken at the weekend past, the view over the Firth of Clyde to Dunoon, when Lady Lynne and I joined her parents for lunch at The Spinnaker Hotel in Gourock.
Long may it continue!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Pasta Bake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Tuna macaroni bake. This is a simple, tasty and low cost family dish for four. A perfect weeknight quick healthy meal served with a simple side salad.
- Chicken broccoli stilton pasta bake is a delicious easy family meal. It’s relatively healthy, low cost and can be on the table in less than an hour. An excellent quick healthy meal!
- Creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pasta bake is a delicious, simple and quick healthy pasta bake that all the family will enjoy.
Coming Next Time on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Hope you can join me on Thursday folks for the new healthier tomato basil mozzarella filo pastry recipe.
A healthier Empanada recipe!
Catch you then!
Cheesy Bacon Pasta Bake With Green Beans Recipe
Enjoy this cheesy bacon pasta bake with green beans!
Why not try substituting other vegetables for the green beans? Like broccoli or leaks?
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Cheesy Bacon Pasta Bake With Green Beans
- 200 g whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 strips bacon* , diced (I use turkey bacon)
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 300 ml skimmed milk
- 15 g corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 100 g green beans (I use frozen ones, defrosted)
- 150 g low fat cheese , grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions until al-dente. Then drain.
- Whilst pasta is cooking gently heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the bacon. Lightly fry the bacon until it is just beginning to crisp then remove it from the saucepan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sauté the onion in the same oil until softened (add a little water to the pan if oil has evaporated) then add the milk and cornflour mixture. Keep stirring until the sauce has thickened and then season to taste.
- Add back the cooked bacon and stir in the green beans. Allow to simmer for a minute, add the cooked, drained pasta and combine everything well.
- Remove the mixture to a casserole dish, spread out evenly and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the centre of an oven for approximately 15 minutes until the cheese has browned slightly and is bubbling.
- Serve with a crispy salad.