This zucchini pasta cashew stir fry recipe is a quick, healthy and delicious meal. It’s vegetarian, gluten free and ideal for those on a low calorie diet!
So, here I am back with yet another fantastic spiralizer recipe. You’ll love this one. (I know I say that about all my spiralizer recipes, but you will!)
The crunchy cashews and zucchini just seem to belong together. They create a unique taste sensation against a tangy lemon background flavour.
This is a perfect comforting weeknight dinner and it only takes 30 minutes to make!
The spiralizer I got for Christmas (details below) has been out at least once every week since.
I just seem to keep coming up with new ideas for recipes, like this zucchini pasta cashew stir fry that seem to work.
Long may that continue. My spiralizer is definitely proving it’s worth!
This is a fantastic filling and nutritious recipe. It’s great for those of us on the run and needing to get something healthy to eat quick!
Why choose Zucchini Pasta Cashew Stir Fry?
- Normally in a traditional pasta dish the protein would be found in the pasta.
- Here the cashew nuts provide the protein instead of pasta and are the “filling” element in this recipe.
- This zucchini pasta cashew stir fry is high in iron and zinc too. These help keep our blood cells healthy and our immune systems strong.
Read all about the essential minerals iron and zinc in the vitamins and minerals section.
For this Zucchini Pasta Cashew Stir Fry you may need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then purchase that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course). If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the Spiralizer that I have and use in all my Spiralizer recipes.
Zucchini Pasta Cashew Stir Fry Recipe
If you don’t have any cashew nuts available, try unsalted peanuts instead. They work equally well in this recipe.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 60 g cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 180 g broccoli broken into small florets
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 2 medium sized zucchini / courgettes spiralized
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- Heat wok or frying pan, add cashew nuts and dry roast them, stirring often until golden, remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the wok or frying pan, and heat gently. Add the garlic and sliced onion and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
- Add the broccoli and spring onions and stir fry for a further 4 to 5 minutes (add small drops of water if required to prevent sticking).
- Add the spiralized zucchini / courgette, lemon juice and roasted cashew nuts. Stir fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes until the zucchini / courgette is al dente.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Don’t Miss Next Tuesday’s Hillwalking Pictures!
Folks, if you managed to read the previous banana almond overnight quinoa recipe published last Thursday, you’ll know that last weekend I was heading for a weekend in the hills.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who has a demanding job, but to be able to get into the car and drive away from work and all it’s challenges, to spend the day peacefully rambling about the stunning Scottish mountains and being in awe of that amazing scenery is something I don’t take for granted. I know I’m very lucky.
So, it was a great weekend, an EPIC weekend……..catch up with me on Tuesday to check out those Braemar hillwalking weekend pics and a bit of a recap. In the meantime here’s a bit of a teaser with a little video I did. 🙂
Ah, the piece and quiet! 😀
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.