Spring salad filo tart is packed full of delicious fresh seasonal flavours. It’s easy to make, low cost and a time saver. This filo pastry recipe has a wonderful flaky and satisfying crunch when you bite into it!
Folks, that’s us back from our amazing week hiking and what better way to celebrate than with this tasty tantalizing spring salad filo tart?
I’ve been wanting to bring you this really special spring salad recipe for a while now because I know just how much you loved my previous Red Pepper and Spinach Filo Tart recipe!
The reason for the delay is that we’ve had to wait a little longer for spring to finally arrive here.
So it wouldn’t have been appropriate to publish this whilst it was still winter!
Now that spring has sprung I’m quite happy to boast that I think that this is quite simply one of the best spring salad recipes ever!
I mean what’s not to love about layers of delicate light filo pastry spread with pizza topping, topped with delicious grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese, baked until the cheese is all melted together and then topped with a glorious spring medley salad?
It just seems so simple doesn’t it?
It’s amazing how just a little more effort to spruce up a salad can take it from being just a salad to becoming something amazing!
This easy flat spring salad filo tart is made in a baking tray and served just like pizza, cut into large squares.
It’s certainly a lot healthier than a pizza though. I mean what pizza’s do you know that come served with a spring salad on top?
I think that this spring salad filo tart encompasses just about everything that is glorious about springtime.
Just like the trees growing new leaves and buds shooting up from the ground, this salad is vibrant, fresh and of course it’s utterly delicious.
Plus, I don’t know about you, but after the winter we’ve had that just seemed to go on forever, it’s just what we need to prepare us for the glorious summer that’s just round the corner…..
Of course there’s a whole load of other salad and vegetable ingredients you could top your spring salad filo tart with. It really is that versatile. Here’s just a few suggestions :-
Other Suggested Spring Salad Filo Tart Toppings
- Use any kind of fresh salad greens. I used Romaine lettuce, but you could use little gem lettuce or similar.
- Radishes, celery and red onion add a delicious and tangy crunchy topping.
- Slices of cucumber also add an extra fresh dimension!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Filo Recipes You Might Also Like
- Chickpea and sweet potato filo parcels are the ultimate quick healthy meal! With a delicious budget filling and a satisfying crunch this easy to make filo pastry recipe is just what you need as a lower fat healthier alternative to traditional pastry.
- Tomato basil mozzarella filo parcels are a delicious healthier version of Empanadas. All the classic flavours you would expect from a tomato basil mozzarella Empanada but with less calories and fat!
- Tomato cheese and spinach filo tart is delicious, easy to make and budget friendly too. This vegetarian oven baked delight is perfect for sharing!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Finally folks please join me on Thursday for Slow Cooker Budget Bean Burritos.
This is a fantastic new recipe to make with the absolute minimum amount of fuss and it’ll feed a family of 4 using just store cupboard basics!
Catch you then!
Spring salad filo tart is packed full of delicious fresh seasonal flavours. It's easy to make, low cost and a time saver. This filo pastry recipe has a wonderful flaky and satisfying crunch when you bite into it!
Spring Salad Filo Tart Recipe
Whilst this recipe is meat free, you could toss some leftover baked or grilled chicken breast slices onto this colorful spring canvas to change it up a little if you wanted?
Anyway, I hope you make this recipe and if you do I’d love to hear what you think of it in the comments below and please do rate my recipe by awarding it a star rating (5 stars I hope!) 🙂
Spring Salad Filo Tart
Filo Tart Base: -
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- Pizza Sauce from a jar
- 90 g grated cheddar cheese
- 90 g grated mozzarella cheese
For the Spring Salad: -
- Spring mixed salad greens Romaine lettuce, red swiss chard, baby spinach etc.
- 1 Red Pepper sliced
- 8 Black Olives from a jar
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 20 g Pine Nuts
- 80 g Feta Cheese
- Freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C fan.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet / tray with the cooking spray.
- Lay the first sheet of filo pastry onto the baking sheet / tray, spray it lightly with the cooking spray, then place the second sheet on top, spray that lightly and repeat the process until all the sheets are done.
- Spread a light layer of pizza sauce over the top sheet, then sprinkle the cheese over.
- Cook in the centre of your oven for 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile chop and prepare your salad ingredients.
- Top the cooked filo pastry sheets with the spring salad ingredients, pine nuts and feta cheese.
- Season and serve.