Tomato cheese and spinach filo tart is delicious, easy to make and budget friendly too. This vegetarian oven baked delight is perfect for sharing!
Folks, not only is this oven baked tomato cheese spinach filo tart recipe absolutely delicious, but it’s great when you’re short on time.
Just 15 minutes prep and then 15 minutes in the oven and you’ll soon be tearing into this!
It uses hardly any ingredients, so it’s kind on the wallet.
Just spinach, filo pastry, tomatoes and goats cheese. A tasty simple combination made in heaven!
Also, this filo tart recipe is really versatile.
I think you’ll understand why, when I tell you that I spent nearly 20 minutes trying to figure out what recipe category to put this into!
It’s great for just about any meal!
Breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner the choice is yours.
I mean it could be dinner for 2 and that’s where I eventually decided the recipe category to put it into. Dinner.
Then again you could easily make this as a sharing recipe. One for guests to tear bits off and enjoy? A bit like a pizza substitute?
Whatever you choose. You’ll love it!
Tips To Make This Tomato Cheese and Spinach Filo Tart Recipe
- Use ready rolled filo pastry sheets. You could use puff pastry but filo pastry is healthier.
- Don’t worry if your filo sheets hang over the edge of your baking tray. Just trim off the excess around the edges.
- I find its easiest to microwave the spinach. It just takes less time to cook that way.
- Use cherry tomatoes rather than normal tomatoes. Their sweetness contrasts with the tart taste of the goats cheese.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Filo Tart Recipes You Might Also Like
- Spring salad filo tart is packed full of delicious fresh seasonal flavours. It’s really easy to make, low cost and perfect if you’re short on time.
- Red pepper and spinach filo tart makes for a delicious, versatile, easy hot or cold vegetarian brunch or dinner option. What’s not to like about tasty oven baked veggies topped with Mediterranean herbs and cheese?
Tomato Cheese and Spinach Filo Tart Recipe
If you can’t get or don’t like goats cheese or just fancy a change use another hard cheese instead like mozzarella or cheddar.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Tomato Cheese and Spinach Filo Tart
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Low fat cooking spray
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 1 tbsp milk
- 180 g baby spinach
- 250 g cherry tomatoes chopped
- 80 g hard goats’ cheese grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200C fan.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet / tray with the cooking spray.
- Lay the first sheet of filo pastry onto the baking sheet / tray, spray it lightly with the cooking spray, then place the second sheet on top, spray that lightly and repeat the process until all the sheets are done.
- Brush the milk around the edge of the filo pastry sheets.
- Microwave / cook the baby spinach as per the bag’s instructions and then drain it thoroughly. My preferred way of doing this is by putting the spinach in a sieve and pressing the water out of it by using the back of a spoon.
- Distribute the spinach evenly over the top of the pastry then make a layer of the cherry tomatoes.
- Crumble and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the centre of your oven for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is bubbling. Remove and serve.