This quick healthy strawberry beetroot smoothie is made in just minutes from only three ingredients. Not only that, it packs all of your daily recommended vitamin C into one glass. Now how’s that for a vitamin boost?
There’s two reasons why I wanted to make this strawberry beetroot smoothie.
- Vitamin C. It’s important to ensure that you get plenty of support for your immune system all year round, particularly in winter.
- Because it’s been ages since I made a smoothie and I’ve been wanting to try the combination of strawberries and beetroot together for ages!
So folks, picture last Saturday, if you will……..
I’m in the kitchen with packets of cooked beetroot, strawberries, bananas, vegan yogurt, almond milk, date nectar and stevia.
I’m ready for a good few hours of recipe experimentation to get this strawberry beetroot smoothie right.
Strawberry Beetroot Smoothie recipe experimentation. Take One.
A handful of chopped strawberries, 2 chopped cooked beetroots and a quarter of the carton of yogurt go into the blender.
I shout upstairs to Lynne “Can you come and taste this please”. I turn round a slit second later where Lynne is already standing. Spoon in hand. Ready.
One spoonful of the alluring frothy liquid and Lynne announces “Yeah that’s great, nothing more needed there. When can I have some”?
And hereby I created this delicious strawberry beetroot smoothie.
My easiest, simplest smoothie recipe to date.
And then I began to get paranoid. I felt like a fraud.
Surely I couldn’t publish a recipe with only 3 ingredients? I mean that’s like cheating. This strawberry beetroot smoothie was meant to be an elaborate fusion of a whole number of different ingredients!!
But then it struck me. That’s just what it is. Isn’t it?
I’d accomplished exactly what I’d set out to achieve. Plus more.
- Minimum ingredients. Minimum effort. Maximum Vitamin C.
- A unique and perfectly fusioned, simple, quick healthy strawberry beetroot smoothie.
Sometimes simple is best. 🙂
Other Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- Easy chocolate strawberry smoothie is a delicious low-fat low calorie refreshing smoothie. This quick and easy healthy smoothie still tastes wickedly indulgent though!
- Raspberry and pear smoothie is packed full of protein, calcium and potassium and it’s really low in calories too. It’s just a perfectly healthy start to your day!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Strawberry Beetroot Smoothie Recipe
Make this strawberry beetroot smoothie recipe your own by trying it with different fruit yogurts!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Strawberry Beetroot Smoothie
- 200 g chopped strawberries
- 120 g chopped cooked beetroot
- 250 ml plain vegan yogurt I used Alpro
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.