This quick healthy strawberry beetroot smoothie is made in just minutes from only three ingredients. Not only that, it packs all of your daily recommended vitamin C into one glass. Now how’s that for a vitamin boost?
There’s two reasons why I wanted to make this strawberry beetroot smoothie.
- Vitamin C. It’s important to ensure that you get plenty of support for your immune system all year round, particularly in winter.
- Because it’s been ages since I made a smoothie and I’ve been wanting to try the combination of strawberries and beetroot together for ages!
So folks, picture last Saturday, if you will.
I’m in the kitchen with packets of cooked beetroot, strawberries, bananas, vegan yogurt, almond milk, date nectar and stevia. I’m ready for a good few hours of recipe experimentation to get this strawberry beetroot smoothie right.
Strawberry Beetroot Smoothie recipe experimentation Take One.
A handful of chopped strawberries, 2 chopped cooked beetroots and a quarter of the carton of yogurt go into the blender.
I shout upstairs to Lynne “Can you come and taste this please”. I turn round a slit second later where Lynne is already standing. Spoon in hand. Ready.
One spoonful of the alluring frothy liquid and Lynne announces “Yeah that’s great, nothing more needed there. When can I have some”?
And hereby I created this delicious strawberry beetroot smoothie.
My easiest, simplest smoothie recipe to date.
- 200 g chopped strawberries
- 120 g chopped cooked beetroot
- 250 ml plain vegan yogurt I used Alpro
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
May be sweetened to your preference with honey, agave nectar or similar sweetener.
And then I began to get paranoid. I felt like a fraud.
Surely I couldn’t publish a recipe with only 3 ingredients? I mean that’s like cheating. This strawberry beetroot smoothie was meant to be an elaborate fusion of a whole number of different ingredients!!
But then it struck me. That’s just what it is. Isn’t it?
I’d accomplished exactly what I’d set out to achieve. Plus more.
- Minimum ingredients. Minimum effort. Maximum Vitamin C.
- A unique and perfectly fusioned, simple, quick healthy strawberry beetroot smoothie.
Sometimes simple is best. 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.