Strawberry valentines pancakes are light, fluffy and easy to make. Just 4 ingredients and 20 minutes to surprise your loved one this valentines day!
Strawberry Valentines pancakes are just THE perfect way to surprise your special other half this Valentines day!
There’s no butter or sugar used. Just plain flour, some low fat cream cheese, low fat strawberry yogurt and eggs. Minimum calories, minimum fuss and no guilt!
Using a spray oil with a non-stick frying pan / skillet is the easiest and best way to ensure your pancakes don’t stick whilst cooking too. Plus then they’re not then saturated in unnecessary fats!
Even the sauce is just a handful of fresh strawberries blitzed together adding that final touch of velvet luxury.
You can guarantee that you’ll be thanked by your other half for this delicious and healthy foodie surprise!
I have to admit that I’m not the greatest when it comes to remembering specific times of the year to create recipes for, like Valentines day!
I mean it’s not that I forget what time of year it is it’s just that there’s the “blogging schedule”, you know? 😉
When my other half suggested a strawberry Valentines pancakes recipe, for this time of year, I loved the suggestion, but panicked more about how it would fit into the schedule!
You see as a Project Manger by profession, everything is scheduled!
Menu’s, weekends and of course a years worth of recipes. Aka “blogging schedule”! The only thing I don’t schedule is holiday activities.
So these strawberry Valentines pancakes nearly threw the blogging schedule out of the window!
Fortunately I was able to switch a few recipes around, and I’m really glad that I did otherwise these delicious pancakes could have been missed, and you seriously don’t want to miss these folks!
The other thing about this strawberry Valentines pancakes recipe is that it gave me an opportunity (not that I need one) to cook on my cast iron skillet that I got for Christmas!
It brought about fond memories of cooking on a griddle.
I used to make pancakes with mum and we coated them with lemon and sugar – total yum!
This is a much healthier recipe though. That’s not to say that we don’t occasionally indulge with a little lemon and sugar from time to time; all in moderation on the 80/20 eh?
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Pancake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy banana oat pancakes that are not only good for you but also delicious and easy to make. Just put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and hey-presto that’s you ready to cook them in just 20 minutes!
- Strawberry Banana Valentines pancakes are delicious easy to make pancakes which are perfect for Valentines Day. Why not surprise your sweetheart with these sumptuous Valentine pancakes this Valentine’s Day
- Scottish porridge oat pancakes recipe makes for a fantastic healthy start to the day. Easily to make and delightfully fluffy and at only 43 calories per pancake, you’ll love this twist on a classic recipe.
Strawberry Valentines Pancakes Recipe
These strawberry pancakes are not only great for valentines day, but they can be eaten at any other time of the year too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Strawberry Valentines Pancakes
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 70 g plain flour
- 75 g reduced fat strawberry yogurt
- 50 g reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- Low fat oil spray
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz to a smooth paste (there shouldn’t be any lumps)!
- Spray a skillet / non-stick pan with the low fat oil spray and heat until the oil bubbles and is smoking lightly and then turn down the heat.
- Pour 60ml / ¼ cup measure of the pancake mixture onto your skillet / non-stick pan, cook one at a time.
- When the centre begins to bubble flip over to cook on the other side and once cooked place on a wire rack whilst you cook the rest.