Strawberry banana Valentines pancakes are delicious easy to make pancakes which are perfect for Valentines Day. Why not surprise your sweetheart with these sumptuous Valentine pancakes this Valentine’s Day or indeed any day of the week?
Folks, so far in the last 2 weeks, I’ve made 3 batches of these strawberry banana valentines pancakes. Lady Lynne rates them as THAT good!
Could it be because every bite is filled with strawberries?
Is it the delicious hints of the cinnamon she smells as these cook in the pan?
Or is it just that these pancakes and so so tasty that whenever there’s an opportunity to make pancakes these are what Lynne wants and currently nothing else will substitute for them!
You should know that not only are these strawberry banana pancakes quick and easy to whip up, but they’re relatively healthy too. They contain no added artificial sugar and I’ve made them with vegetable oil instead of butter.
These pancakes are sweetened from the natural sugars in the strawberries and bananas. Plus you don’t need to use any butter in the pan to cook them either. Just a spray of cooking oil spray in the bottom of your pan will prevent these from sticking. They’ll each cook in a couple of minutes too.
Do you know what? Let’s be serious here. These pancakes are just too good to make only for your loved one. They make a fantastic breakfast that the WHOLE family will love too! Whilst I understand you might want to keep these as your “secret special Valentines recipe”, it’s good to share the love around isn’t it? 🙂
Tips for Making These Strawberry Banana Valentines Pancakes
- When making the batter and combining the dry and wet ingredients, do not whisk. You only need to combine together and it doesn’t matter if the batter is still lumpy.
- Rest the batter prior to cooking for up to 30 minutes, this helps the pancakes to turn out light and fluffy.
- For cooking and best results use a nonstick frying pan.
- Lightly grease the pan by using a cooking oil spray which also helps to prevent burning too.
- The pan is ready for cooking on when some dropped water skitters across the surface.
Strawberry banana valentines pancakes are delicious easy to make pancakes which are perfect for Valentines Day.
- 170 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ripe banana medium sized, mashed
- 80 g chopped strawberries
- 1 egg whisked
- 240 ml skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cooking oil spray
- Maple syrup / Honey and Chopped Strawberries for decoration.
- In one bowl combine flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine the mashed banana, chopped strawberries, egg, milk and vegetable oil
Pour the wet mixture into the well in the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Spray a pan with the cooking spray and heat the pan over a medium heat.
Spoon 5 tablespoons of batter into the pan and flip over to cook the other side when bubbles start to form. About 2 minutes each side. Remove pancakes to a wire rack and repeat with the rest of the batter until finished.
- Serve topped with strawberries and maple syrup / honey.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this amazing pancake recipe folks, whenever you have it. Please if you have any comments / feedback on the recipe I’d love to hear that from you below!
Now, moving on to Thursday’s recipe. I reckon folks that you love creamy pasta dishes as much as me but probably not the calories associated with them? Well no problems! If you join me on Thursday I’ve got a low fat tagliatelle carbonara recipe proving you can still enjoy creamy pasta favourites like that, guilt free!
Catch you then! 😉
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.