Strawberry banana Valentines pancakes are delicious easy to make pancakes perfect for Valentines Day. Surprise your sweetheart with these sumptuous Valentine pancakes this Valentine's Day!
Folks, so far in the last 2 weeks, I've made 3 batches of these strawberry banana valentines pancakes. My other half rates them as THAT good!
Could it be because every bite is filled with strawberries?
Is it the delicious hints of the cinnamon she smells as these cook in the pan?
Or is it just that these pancakes and so so tasty that whenever there's an opportunity to make pancakes these are what my other half wants and currently nothing else will substitute for them!
You should know that not only are these strawberry banana pancakes quick and easy to whip up, but they're relatively healthy too.
They contain no added artificial sugar and I've made them with vegetable oil instead of butter.
These pancakes are sweetened from the natural sugars in the strawberries and bananas.
Plus you don't need to use any butter in the pan to cook them either. Just a spray of cooking oil spray in the bottom of your pan will prevent these from sticking. They'll each cook in a couple of minutes too.
Do you know what? Let's be serious here. These pancakes are just too good to make only for your loved one. They make a fantastic breakfast that the WHOLE family will love too!
Whilst I understand you might want to keep these as your "secret special Valentines recipe", it's good to share the love around isn't it? 🙂
Tips for Making These Strawberry Banana Valentines Pancakes
- When making the batter and combining the dry and wet ingredients, do not whisk. You only need to combine together and it doesn't matter if the batter is still lumpy.
- Rest the batter prior to cooking for up to 30 minutes, this helps the pancakes to turn out light and fluffy.
- For cooking and best results use a nonstick frying pan.
- Lightly grease the pan by using a cooking oil spray which also helps to prevent burning too.
- The pan is ready for cooking on when some dropped water skitters across the surface.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Pancake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy banana oat pancakes that are not only good for you but also delicious and easy to make. Just put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and hey-presto that’s you ready to cook them in just 20 minutes!
- Strawberry valentines pancakes are light, fluffy and easy to make. Just 4 ingredients and 20 minutes to surprise your loved one this valentines day!
- Scottish porridge oat pancakes recipe makes for a fantastic healthy start to the day. Easily to make and delightfully fluffy and at only 43 calories per pancake, you’ll love this twist on a classic recipe.
- This savoury pancakes with garlic mushrooms is a delicious mushroom pancakes recipe for two which can be served in only 15 minutes!
Strawberry Banana Valentines Panckes Recipe
These strawberry pancakes are not only great for valentines day, but they can be eaten at any other time of the year too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Strawberry Banana Valentines Pancakes Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 170 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana medium sized, mashed
- 80 g chopped strawberries
- 1 egg whisked
- 240 ml skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cooking oil spray
- Maple syrup / Honey and Chopped Strawberries for decoration.
- In one bowl combine flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine the mashed banana, chopped strawberries, egg, milk and vegetable oil
- Pour the wet mixture into the well in the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Spray a pan with the cooking spray and heat the pan over a medium heat.
- Spoon 5 tablespoons of batter into the pan and flip over to cook the other side when bubbles start to form. About 2 minutes each side. Remove pancakes to a wire rack and repeat with the rest of the batter until finished.
- Serve topped with strawberries and maple syrup / honey.