Sweet potato and kale hotpot is a quick, hearty all in one healthy meal. It’s perfect for winter as you’ll find this low cost vegan stew is packed full of vitamins that help keep colds and flu away!
This sweet potato and kale hotpot is a big hug in a bowl.
It’s a superb winter warmer and I’m extremely grateful to Cirio who sent me free samples of their peeled plum tomatoes for me to use in this recipe.
Their peeled plum tomatoes add a rich and sumptuous deep tomato taste to this easy healthy one pot casserole!
It’ll take you less than an hour to prepare and cook this delicious vitamin stuffed meal for 4.
Its vegan, paleo and gluten free too!
Not only that it’s great for those of us that are cost conscious so it’ll not break the bank.
And if you should have any leftovers (unlikely!), this sweet potato casserole can be frozen!
Save Money With This Sweet Potato and Kale Hotpot!
It’s easy and nourishing recipes like this sweet potato and kale hotpot that Lady Lynne and I are living off at the moment.
In fact, it’s not just at the moment, it’s always. That’s what I do here!
There’s a reason for not cooking with expensive meat cuts or exotic ingredients.
Hawaii and San Francisco 2017
It’s booked!! 😀
We paid our final deposit last Saturday and in March we will be heading to Hawaii for 10 nights and then returning via San Francisco staying there for 4 nights.
THIS trip of a lifetime, like our LAST trip of a lifetime, the African Adventures in Uganda and Zanzibar has been a long time in the planning (and saving for).
As you can image both Lady Lynne and I are so excited. When you work long hours, it makes it all the saving and foregoing expensive cars and other material stuff worthwhile in the end.
It proves you don’t have to be rich or well off to enjoy the best that life has to offer. This is how “you really CAN have your cake and eat it”.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Sweet Potato and Kale Recipes You Might Also Like
- One pot chicken, leek and sweet potato is the perfect quick healthy weeknight dinner recipe. This delicious and easy family casserole bakes in the oven and saves on the washing up!
- Aubergine and sweet potato curry is a simple and deliciously healthy vegan curry. An all in one pot hearty family meal ready in just one hour!
- You’ll love the smell of this chorizo, tomato, lentil and kale soup as it permeates your kitchen and house when the chorizo is releasing its juices. And as for the taste, well it’s just a complete taste sensation!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well I’m off to scrape us both off the ceiling now that the holiday’s booked!
However I shall recover to prepare next week’s tuna cashew pilau, which funnily enough is another superb one pot easy tasty low cost quick healthy meal!
Catch you next Thursday! 😉
Sweet Potato and Kale Hotpot Recipe
I’ve suggested serving this kale hotpot with couscous but it goes so well with hunks of wholemeal bread too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Sweet Potato and Kale Hotpot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 400 g can cirio plum tomatoes
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp tomato passata
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150 g chopped curly kale
- 500 g peeled and chopped sweet potato
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Gently heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish or pot, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes stirring so as not to allow the garlic to burn.
- Add the green pepper and sauté for a further minute.
- Add the tinned plum tomatoes stock, tomato passata and mustard. Combine all the ingredients well and allow to come to the boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Stir in the kale and cook for about 2 minutes until the kale is soft.
- Then add the sweet potatoes and allow the hotpot to simmer for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are just soft, but not falling apart.
- Season to taste and serve