Chicken and chorizo pasta bake is a delicious, simple and quick to make family dinner recipe. This filling dinner can be on the table in just one hour!
Tasty dishes like this chicken and chorizo pasta bake are pretty common in our household.
Pasta bakes are also amongst some of my most popular recipes.
For example my chicken broccoli stilton pasta bake has been one of my most clicked on recipes for quite a long time now.
However, this new pasta bake is just so special.
I mean what’s not to like about a big bowl of pasta accompanied with chunks of meaty chicken and delicious chorizo?
Plus this bowl of pasta has been made even more delicious.
It’s baked in the oven in a delicious spicy tomato sauce and covered in melted cheese too!
Just look how vibrant and colourful this pasta bake is.
The colours remind me of warm sunny days.
Wouldn’t you want a dish like this served up on your family dinner table? So bright and appealing?
Especially in the depths of winter.
It’s just shouting out loud how flavoursome it is. You’ll soon be putting any winter blues behind you as you get tucked into this!
Hints and Tips For How To Make This Chicken And Chorizo Pasta Bake
- What’s the best pasta to use for this pasta bake? I use penne pasta because it’s chunky but any kind of pasta like that would do.
- How long will this pasta bake keep in the fridge? You can cover and keep this dish in the fridge for a couple of days max.
- Can I freeze this pasta bake? Yes. Don’t leave it in the fridge for longer than 2 days. If you’re not going to eat it within that time frame then portion it up and freeze in individual containers. Just make sure you defrost thoroughly before eating. You can easily re-heat it in the microwave.
- This chicken pasta bake is also excellent served cold and great for taking to work as a packed lunch!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Pasta Bake Recipes You Might Also Like
- This super easy vegetarian quorn pasta bolognese bake takes just under an hour to prepare and can serve up to six people.
- Sausage pasta bake with baked beans is a quick and easy to make delicious family casserole recipe. Using lower calorie ingredients means this dish can be an aid to slimming too.
- Cheesy bacon pasta bake with green beans is a really tasty and simple family recipe. On the dinner table in less than one hour, this is a terrific quick healthy meal that requires hardly any effort at all!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, I hope you enjoy this cheap and easy family chicken pasta bake with chorizo recipe!
As we’re at the end of January next Thursday, I think most folks will be sick of their diets!
So let’s have a bit of cake but one that’s still relatively healthy.
Hope you can join me then for a great new Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf Cake recipe!
Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake Recipe
This chicken chorizo pasta bake is great served with a simple side salad or some steamed broccoli.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake
- 200 g penne pasta
- 100 g chorizo sausage chopped
- 450 g chicken breast fillets chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 300 ml skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 300 g passata
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes optional
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 75 g low fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1 handful Fresh basil chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, stir in the pasta and return to the boil. Turn down to simmer for 8 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, in a large pan, heat the chorizo to release its fat for about 4 - 5 minutes then remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon. Leave the fat and juices in the pot.
- Add the chicken and cook in the chorizo juices stirring until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the red pepper and cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Stir Chorizo back in and then remove from pan from the heat.
- Add the milk and flour into a medium sized saucepan. Bring the mixture to the boil, then turn it down to simmer and whisk it thoroughly until you have a smooth and thickened white sauce. Then stir in the passata and chilli flakes. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
- Add drained pasta and sauce to the large pan containing the chicken and chorizo and mix well.
- Pour the contents of the large pan into an oven proof dish, sprinkle with the cheese and place onto the middle shelf of your oven.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until the cheese has browned slightly and is bubbling.
- Once cooked, serve with chopped basil sprinkled on top.