Zucchini mushroom pasta is a quick healthy vegetarian dinner that satisfies the craving you get for pasta without all the carbs. A perfect meat free meal!
Cooking this zucchini mushroom pasta dish is a delight.
It will absolutely fill your kitchen with the rich aroma of mushrooms cooking.
And it may even temp you into singing several verses of “O Sole Mio”!
I don’t know about you but I do love my pasta!
The thing is though, as much as I could eat pasta every single night that wouldn’t be good for me.
Well you see pasta has a tendency to sit in our stomachs longer because it requires more time to digest.
Although pasta makes a really quick easy meal, if you go to bed straight after eating it, it means it’s still in your stomach.
Also, as you’re not burning off the carbs its also more likely it’ll turn into fat.
But here, I have the solution for you! Remove the carbohydrates you would normally get from pasta by substituting them with veggies with this tasty zucchini mushroom pasta supper.
You won’t notice any difference. This zucchini mushroom pasta has all the taste and satisfaction that a dish of pasta provides you with, it’s just so much healthier!
Zucchini Mushroom Pasta v Courgette Mushroom Pasta
Bare with me here folks, I’m trying out a little experiment!
If you remember, last time I spiralized zucchini/courgettes in the spiralized courgette spaghetti with chickpeas recipe, I used “courgettes” in the recipe title instead of “zucchini”.
This time, in this zucchini mushroom pasta recipe, I’m obviously calling them zucchini!
Now, all in all, as we know they’re both the same thing. But, here in the UK and here we call them courgettes, and a lot of Neil’s Healthy Meals recipe fans are from the U.S.
In the U.S, courgettes are called zucchini, so I want to see if this recipe gets more clicks because I’ve got “zucchini” in the title. 🙂
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Zucchini Spiralizer Recipes You Might Also Like
- Courgette spaghetti with tomatoes and homemade pesto is a delicious and simple recipe. It’s perfect for beginners to get to grips with how to make courgette spaghetti. You’ll soon be using that spiralizer like professional in no time at all!
- This zucchini pasta cashew stir fry recipe is a quick, healthy and delicious meal. It’s vegetarian, gluten free and ideal for those on a low calorie diet!
- Spiralized courgette spaghetti with chickpeas is not only a low carb, low fat and healthy recipe but it’s really easy to make too.
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, I hope you enjoy this amazing zucchini mushroom pasta recipe!
Catch up with me next time folks for a really easy rice pudding recipe. A throwback to my past (and maybe yours!)
Hope you can join me then!
Zucchini Mushroom Pasta Recipe
Enjoy this zucchini mushroom pasta. Your tastebuds will think you’re eating carb-laden pasta but your waistline knows you’re eating heart-healthy veggies!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Zucchini Mushroom Pasta
- 2 zucchini / courgettes about 250g total
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 250 g dark chestnut mushrooms
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp 0% fat natural yogurt
- 80 g cooked sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Spiralize the zucchini / courgettes and lay aside
- Gently heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes until soft
- Turn up the heat, add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and released their juices
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside leaving the juices in the pan
- Return the pan to the heat, add the white wine, let it bubble for a few seconds to reduce and then stir in the yogurt until combined
- Add the spiralized zucchini / courgettes, the cooked sweetcorn and also add back the cooked mushrooms combining everything well into the sauce
- Serve the zucchini mushroom pasta divided between two plates topped with the parmesan and parsley.