This zucchini mushroom pasta is a quick healthy meal that satisfies the craving you get for pasta without adding all those carbs. It’s a perfect hearty combination of delicious flavours with only one cooking pan to wash up.
Cooking this zucchini mushroom pasta dish is a delight. It will absolutely fill your kitchen with the rich aroma of mushrooms and may temp you into singing several verses of “O Sole Mio”!
I don’t know about you but I do love my pasta!
The thing is though, as much as I could eat pasta every single night that wouldn’t be good for me.
Why? Well pasta has a tendency to sit in our stomachs longer because it requires more time to digest. Although pasta makes a really quick easy meal, if you go to bed straight after eating it, it means it’s still in your stomach.
But here, I have the solution for you! Remove the carbohydrates you would normally get from pasta by substituting them with veggies with this tasty zucchini mushroom pasta supper.
You won’t notice any difference. This zucchini mushroom pasta has all the taste and satisfaction that a dish of pasta provides you with, it’s just so much healthier!
Zucchini Mushroom Pasta v Courgette Mushroom Pasta
Bare with me here folks, I’m trying out a little experiment!
If you remember, last time I spiralized zucchini/courgettes in the spiralized courgette spaghetti with chickpeas recipe, I used “courgettes” in the recipe title instead of “zucchini”.
This time, in this zucchini mushroom pasta recipe, I’m obviously calling them zucchini!
Now, all in all, as we know they’re both the same thing. But, here in the UK and here we call them courgettes, and a lot of Neil’s Healthy Meals recipe fans are from the U.S. In the U.S, courgettes are called zucchini, so I want to see if this recipe gets more clicks because I’ve got “zucchini” in the title. 🙂
Make sense? Confused? Yeah, fair enough…..here’s what you really want. The recipe!
- 2 zucchini / courgettes about 250g total
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 250 g dark chestnut mushrooms
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp 0% fat natural yogurt
- 80 g cooked sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Spiralize the zucchini / courgettes and lay aside
- Gently heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes until soft
- Turn up the heat, add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and released their juices
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside leaving the juices in the pan
- Return the pan to the heat, add the white wine, let it bubble for a few seconds to reduce and then stir in the yogurt until combined
- Add the spiralized zucchini / courgettes, the cooked sweetcorn and also add back the cooked mushrooms combining everything well into the sauce
- Serve the zucchini mushroom pasta divided between two plates topped with the parmesan and parsley.
Catch up with me Thursday folks for a really easy rice pudding recipe. A throwback to my past (and maybe yours!)
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.