Courgette spaghetti with tomatoes and homemade pesto is a delicious and simple recipe. It’s perfect for beginners to get to grips with how to make courgette spaghetti. You’ll soon be using that spiralizer like professional in no time at all!
Folks, I seriously recommend spiralizing. It’s a fantastic way of helping to cut back on carbs as well as getting more vegetables into your diet!
I’ve created this simple courgette spaghetti with tomatoes and homemade pesto recipe. It shows you how to make courgette spaghetti.
Details of the inexpensive spiralizer that I use and you can buy too are below!
So What Exactly Is Courgette Spaghetti Anyway?
Courgetti spaghetti, or courgette noodles, are thin strands of courgette that can take the place of pasta spaghetti or noodles. They need very little cooking and are the carbohydrate-free.
You can create amazing dishes with courgette spaghetti. Especially if you’re on a health kick.
Spiralizing vegetables doesn’t mean you have to give up on pasta either.
I don’t think Lady Lynne or I could imagine our lives without pasta or our trips out to our favourite Battlefield Rest Italian restaurant!
No, it just means that as with the 80/20 rule for eating there’s balance. Some healthy, some not so healthy. 🙂
Originating in Japan, the spiralizer has become an extremely popular kitchen tool. A way of helping to address that balance between too many carbs and not enough vegetables.
This tasty courgette spaghetti with tomatoes and homemade pesto recipe sounds complicated but it’s not. It’s just a three step process. Make a quick batch of homemade pesto. Spiralize your courgette. Then warm everything together in a pan before serving.
For This Courgette Spaghetti With Tomatoes and Homemade Pesto You May Need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then purchase that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course). If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the Spiralizer that I have and use in all my Spiralizer recipes.
It’s an excellent relatively inexpensive Spiralizer. It’s great for all your spiralizing needs and it’s easy to use. It also doesn’t come with too many complicated blades. There’s just 3. And I’ve only ever used 2 of those!
How To Make Courgette Spaghetti Using A Spiralizer
It’s easy to learn how to make your own courgette spaghetti. All it takes is some time spent learning to use your spiralizer. Here are the 4 steps to follow :-
- Choose the noodle blade attachment of your spiralizer. This is the one that will create long twirls of pasta-like vegetable noodles.
- Insert the blade into your spiralizer and ensure the blade is locked in place and that the spiralizer is secured to the surface it is placed upon. My spiralizer has non slip rubber feet which means a safe & secure hold on the kitchen worktop.3) Cut the ends off the courgettes and slice each in half. Place a half of courgette between the spikes of the plastic arm and press together so the courgette is held in place.4) Turn the hand crank slowly and constantly until there is no more courgette left to spiralize. The blades will shave the courgette into spaghetti noodles ready for cooking.
Looking for another fantastic sprializer recipe for you to try out? Then be sure to check out my Zucchini Mushroom Pasta!
Right folks, so apologies but there is no recipe this Thursday. Neil’s Healthy Meals will be temporarily off-line. I need to update some of the website code which will give this site a new look and feel.
Have a great weekend! Oh and wish me luck that I don’t break everything this Thursday so that and hopefully I’ll be back next Tuesday! 😉
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals. Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels – Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Bloglovin & YouTube.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Courgette Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Homemade Pesto Recipe
Spiralized courgette can also be added into tomato or vegetable based soups. Ideal if you have any left over!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 10 g basil leaves
- 10 g lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove small of garlic
- 25 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large courgettes
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly grated salt and pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- If you have a food processor, blitz the basil leaves, then add the pine nuts and garlic and blitz again.
If you do not have a food processor, use a pestle and mortar, or sturdy bowl and the end of a rolling pin to bash the basil leaves into a pulp first, then add the pine nuts and garlic and bash them all together into a pulp.
Remove the ingredients into a separate bowl, add the oil and the Parmesan cheese, mix all together.
- Choose the noodle blade of your spiralizer, insert into spiralizer and ensure the blade is locked in place and that the spiralizer is secured to the surface it is placed upon.
- Cut the ends off the courgettes and slice each in half. Place a half of courgette between the spikes of the plastic arm and press together so the courgette is held in place.
- Turn the hand crank slowly and the blades will shave the courgette into spaghetti noodles ready for cooking.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan and saute the spaghetti noodles and cherry tomatoes together over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes to soften them.
- Stir in the pesto, season to taste with the salt and pepper and heat through until warm.
Serve on plates with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled over.