Banana almond overnight quinoa is a really quick, easy and delicious bowl of nutrition to get you started first thing in the morning. It’s great waking up and knowing your day starts with this. Especially because it’s pre-made!
If you think it’s a bit weird having quinoa for breakfast then this banana almond overnight quinoa will make you think again.
This overnight quinoa breakfast recipe is a great way to use up any left over quinoa and it’s a great alternative breakfast to porridge.
Not only is this quinoa breakfast delicious but it’s packed with protein too.
I found myself making several batches of this over the course of a couple of weeks just because it just filled me up so well after my morning gym routine.
By the time I get into work, I’ve been up since 4am, done some work towards my blog, done my exercise routine, and as you can imagine I am pretty hungry!
In winter, when it’s colder, I’ll make myself a steaming bowl of hot porridge in the microwave at work, topped with various toppings like nuts and chai seeds.
But now it’s summer (or at least slightly warmer here in Scotland) it allows me to vary my breakfast staple a little and actually consider a cold breakfast!
This banana almond overnight quinoa absolutely hits that spot!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Overnight Breakfast Recipes For You To Try
- Quinoa bircher muesli with apple and banana is a delicious and healthy breakfast that’s made the night before making your morning stress free and easy.
- Strawberry vanilla overnight oats are an easy to make quick and healthy breakfast. It takes just 5 minutes to prepare for a delicious pre-made breakfast all ready for you in the morning!
- Overnight breakfast rice pudding. The sweet tasting combination of the cinnamon and vanilla infused milk, absorbed by the rice is just delicious. A perfect way to use up any leftover rice!
Banana Almond Overnight Quinoa Recipe
Check out some of my other overnight oats and porridge breakfasts in the recipe section for other delicious, nutritious ideas to start your day.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Banana Almond Overnight Quinoa
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 30 g cooked quinoa*
- 150 ml Greek yogurt 0% fat
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 sliced banana
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well to combine everything. Ensure the sliced bananas are submerged in the mixture, this keeps them fresher.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge in the morning and enjoy!