As I’m usually at home on my Pilates and Free Weights Day, I like to cook something quick, easy, filling, and full of all the goodness that I need after my workout. One of the simplest things for me is scrambled egg whites with flax seeds, spinach and nutmeg. To make this quick recipe I use just 2 bowls for quickness:-
(Microwave times will depend on your microwave power rating)
1 Microwaveable bowl – 100g washed spinach leaves with 1 tbsp. water.
1 Microwaveable bowl – 3 egg whites only with 1 tbsp. no fat Greek yogurt.
1 tbsp. Flax Seeds
1 tbsp. Sesame seeds
1/2 tomato sliced
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1) Microwave the bowl with the spinach leaves, covered for 1 minute.
2) Whilst the spinach is microwaving whisk the egg whites in the other bowl together with a fork so all of the egg whites and the yogurt are combined.
3) Microwave the bowl with the egg whites, covered for 1 minute.
4) Turn the spinach over in the other bowl, but leave to stand, covered.
5) Microwave the bowl with the spinach leaves, covered for 1 minute.
6) Gently whisk the egg whites mixture together with a fork, then leave to stand covered.
7) Squeeze out the excess water from the spinach in a sieve.
8) Microwave the bowl with the egg whites, covered for 1 minute.
9) When egg whites have cooked, add 1tbsp flax seeds, 1 tbsp. sesame seeds then scramble the mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10) Plate up the spinach and sprinkle with nutmeg.
11) Add the scrambled egg whites, sliced tomato and garnish with chopped parlsey.
Calories – 204Kcal
Carbs – 12.2g
Protein – 17g
Fat – 10.5g
I like to eat this with a cup of Green Tea.
This usually keeps me full until my mid-morning snack!