Vegetable scrambled eggs are a delicious and healthy way to start your day. This quick and easy dish is also a great way to use up any leftover veggies!
Folks, I’d like to share with you today the breakfast we’ve been eating most recently. Vegetable scrambled eggs!
Honestly we can’t get enough of this. It makes such a change from the usual porridge every morning.
Who would have thought that adding veggies to scrambled eggs could make such a tasty easy breakfast?
In fact, not only an amazing breakfast but this veggie scambled eggs can also be a perfect quick healthy dinner too!!
Besides vegetables for breakfast make for a great healthy start to the day!
If you’re looking to reduce the amount of cholesterol in this vegetable scrambled eggs recipe you could omit the yolk.
You could use my scrambled egg whites recipe, and add veggies to that.
Here I prefer using the whole egg as I think it makes it a complete meal and using the yolk adds to the flavour.
Whatever your preference – enjoy!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Healthy Egg Recipes You Might Also Like
- Indian scrambled eggs or Anda Bhurji made the healthy way! An easy and delicious breakfast which can be on the table in just 30 minutes!
- Healthy eggs benedict. Here, the delicious and classic eggs benedict has been given a healthy makeover. A creamy yogurt hollandaise sauce replaces butter with lean turkey bacon and home made lower fat English muffins.
- Chorizo and egg breakfast burritos. Delicious, quick to make and stuffed with chorizo, mushrooms and egg. Perfect as a brunch, lunch or dinner option!
Vegetable Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Feel free to make this easy veggie scrambled eggs recipe your own by using your favourite vegetables or whatever you have left in the fridge!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Vegetable Scrambled Eggs
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Low calorie cooking oil spray
- 4 large eggs
- 60 ml skimmed milk
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 50 g button mushrooms sliced
- 4 spring onions sliced thinly
- 150 g baby spinach
- 1 small tomato deseeded and chopped
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Beat the eggs together in a small bowl then stir in the milk.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with the cooking oil spray. Turn the heat on high, then down to medium when the pan begins to smoke.
- Add the pepper and mushrooms first to the pan. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until soft, then add the spring onions stirring for about 1 minute then add the spinach and cook until wilted for about a further 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook and stir combining the vegetables until the eggs are nearly set for about 2-3 minutes then stir in the tomato and cook, stirring until the eggs are cooked.
- Serve over wholemeal toast.