You’ll love these delicious chorizo and egg breakfast burritos. They’re quick to make and stuffed with bags of flavour from a tasty chorizo sausage, mushroom and egg combination. These are your reason to get up at the weekend and they’re perfect as a brunch, lunch or dinner option too!
Folks, forget about heading out to have brunch at a fast food restaurant this weekend when you can have THESE amazing chorizo and egg breakfast burritos as a MUCH healthier option instead!
I just know that you’re going to love these because at the moment Lady Lynne and I cannot get enough of them. They’re often our tasty Saturday brunch when we’ve just got back from the gym and we’re desperately in need of something quick to fill us up!
I know I use chorizo sausage in a lot of my recipes. And I know I’ve probably said that to you before haven’t I?
But seriously folks with chorizo sausage you get a whole load of flavour for such a little cost.
Not just that; because chorizo sausage releases it’s delicious oily flavours literally straight away into the pan on heating, you don’t need to use any additional oil. So you’re saving on additional calories too.
The released chorizo oil is then perfect for cooking your onions, mushrooms and eggs in, as they all absorb that tasty oil. Yum! 😀
These chorizo and egg breakfast burritos are going to take your breakfast to the next level and make your tastebuds dance.
Everything inside these hearty breakfast beauties is amazing. Plus because they’re packed with so many filling ingredients they’ll keep you fuller for longer too.
Now, Lady Lynne and I like a bit of heat in our chorizo and egg breakfast burritos. Of course that’s a personal choice, and if not yours, and you’d prefer less or no heat then just leave out the green chilli.
Tips For Making These Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Burritos
- The chorizo sausage will quickly release it’s oils on heating so don’t leave the pan alone. Keep stirring it round so you don’t burn it.
- If you want a quick tutorial on how to wrap a breakfast burrito properly, I found this Huffington Post article the best one to explain it to me.
- Why not double up the amount of burritos you make when cooking, and take the one’s you don’t eat for breakfast with you when you go out for the day as a packed lunch to save money instead of eating out?
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Burritos Recipe
This is such an easy breakfast burrito recipe. Remember, you can also freeze these too. Just wrap them tightly in grease proof paper and freeze.
When you want to eat them, move them from the freezer to the fridge first of all, then once thawed just pop them into the microwave to re-heat.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- Spray oil
- 200 g chorizo sausage skin removed and chopped.
- Small red onion chopped
- 1 green chilli de-seeded and diced
- 100 g button mushrooms sliced
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 60 g low fat grated cheese
- 2 large corn tortillas
- Spray a large pan with the cooking oil spray and place the pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped chorizo and cook and stir until browned but not burnt and the juices have been released into the pan, about 3 mins.
- Add the onion and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chilli pepper and button mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking mix the eggs in a bowl with the seasoning.
- When the vegetables are cooked add the egg mixture to the pan and cook over a low heat stirring every now and then to scramble them and cook them. This should only take 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Lay the tortillas out and divide the filling between them making sure you keep the filling in the centre and then sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Pull the bottom half of the burrito over to meet the top half. Then, pull the tortilla back. This will form the filling into a roll. Next, fold one side in and then the other side.
- With both ends folded, tightly roll your tortilla until you have a perfect, beautiful burrito. Cut in half and serve hot.
Finally folks please join me on Thursday for that new cheesecake recipe I promised you last week. This cheesecake recipe is perfect in terms of minimum fuss and time to make. It’s a no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe and it’s great for serving up at the end of a dinner party!
Hope you can join me then!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.