Mediterranean feta chicken is the perfect quick healthy one pan weeknight dinner. This vibrant chicken recipe is packed with flavour and takes only 30 minutes to make!
Folks if you’re looking for a healthy and bright one pan chicken dinner then this Mediterranean feta chicken recipe has got you covered!
It takes just 10 minutes to prep and then only 20 minutes to cook.
Just like my one pot Mediterranean chicken this recipe is a healthy chicken dinner packed full of fresh Mediterranean flavours.
It’s a great budget recipe too using only minimal ingredients but still providing you with a huge boost of vitamins and minerals towards your daily recommended intake!
When creating this Mediterranean feta chicken recipe I decided against cooking whole chicken breasts.
It’s certainly possible to use whole chicken breasts here if you want to though.
I like to cut the chicken breasts into bite size chunks because that makes them cook quicker.
So make sure you adjust your cooking time accordingly if you decide to use whole chicken breasts instead!
Talking about chicken breasts they’re the leanest cut of the bird and without the skin become leaner still.
So that’s why I always opt for skinless chicken breasts in my chicken recipes as it helps to keep them as healthy as possible.
However if you can’t get chicken breasts or would prefer to, you could use chicken thighs instead but they will take longer to cook.
Not only does this chicken feta recipe taste outstanding but as I said it’s ready in just 30 minutes.
There’s a certain ingredient used in this Mediterranean feta chicken, red wine vinegar, which gives the simple tomato sauce a lovely tangy flavour.
That small amount of red wine vinegar takes this recipe up a notch from just being a plain old chicken in tomato sauce recipe to being something amazing!
Did you know that red wine vinegar has some amazing health properties too?
The Health Benefits of Red Wine Vinegar In This Mediterranean Feta Chicken Recipe
- The acetic acid in red wine vinegar can help towards lowering blood sugar levels. Having too high blood sugar levels can increase the risk of heart diseases and strokes.
- Acetic acid has been used medicinally for a long time to treat skin infections and wounds.
- Red wine vinegar can support weight loss as it’s said to increase the feeling of being full. Delaying the release of hunger hormones.
- The polyphenols in red wine vinegar may help lower total cholesterol as well as blood pressure. High level of cholesterol are factors for heart disease.
- Red wine vinegar is also virtually calorie, fat, and sugar-free!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Fantastic One Pan Chicken Recipes For You To Try
- Crème fraiche tagliatelle chicken is a delicious dinner recipe. A fusion of chicken and vegetables cooked in low fat crème fraiche instead of cream.
- Cheesy chicken and broccoli skillet is a delicious one pan easy recipe. Ready in just 30 minutes then add some rice to make it a perfect quick healthy meal!
- Simple chicken with peas and bacon is a delicious and easy one pan dinner recipe. This budget meal serves 4 and can be on the table in less than an hour!
Mediterranean Feta Chicken Recipe
Folks, I recommend serving this feta chicken dinner on a bed of rice, keeping it as simple as possible.
If you put your rice on to cook at the same time as you cook the recipe you can keep an eye on it.
It should be ready to serve at the same time the main dish!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Mediterranean Feta Chicken
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g chicken breasts chopped into bitesize chunks
- 1 clove garlic chopped finely
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 40 g reduced fat feta cheese cut into small cubes
- Gently heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large pan / skillet and add the chicken in handfuls, cooking for 3 – 4 minutes until browned and no longer pink inside. Then remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and put aside.
- Gently heat the remaining olive oil in the pan. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 – 2 minutes until it’s just beginning to turn brown then add the tomatoes, salt, basil and red wine vinegar. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, along with the feta. Combine well into the tomato sauce and allow to simmer gently for a further 5 – 8 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice.